Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
24 years old, I love rock, jazz, old school hip hop. Frank Sinatra, Issac Hayes, AC/DC, The Beatles, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Run DMC, Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Ice Cube etc. I could go on, ill always love the rock music, because my grandfather played guitar for like 40 years lol and is obsessed with rock music, I basically grew up listening to that, and I had some family members introduce me to old school rap.

I cant stand music today, people can sneeze into the mic, and it could be a top 5 hit, sure there is good music, but I feel like you have to LOOK for it, back then it seemed like you didn't, the good stuff was always on the radio. Now we gotta hear trash like these guys called young money talk about drugs and "hoes" with complete autotune, its almost like you dont need talent anymore, just be an idiot, disrespect women, and talk about anything, and you could be a millionaire with a hit single. Its just sad, I don't get it, why do you have to look for good music, why is the trash music so popular?
Yes i don't understand either. I am also in my twenties, and i LOVED Michael Jackson, AC/DC / Journey / Queen and basically all the good rock. Todays rock sucks, all people talk about in songs today is " Fucking her in the ass" And i'd really rather not hear about it.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i don't understand either. I am also in my twenties, and i LOVED Michael Jackson, AC/DC / Journey / Queen and basically all the good rock. Todays rock sucks, all people talk about in songs today is " Fucking her in the ass" And i'd really rather not hear about it.
You're just listening to the wrong music. If you loved AC/DC, give Airborne a try. If you loved Queen, try this on for size:

(tried to link instead of embed, but looks like the site decided to embed anyways)

Reactions: Deleted User

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah im listening to the right music
You're just listening to the wrong music. If you loved AC/DC, give Airborne a try. If you loved Queen, try this on for size:

(tried to link instead of embed, but looks like the site decided to embed anyways)

You remember Whitesnake? Def Lepard or Led Zeppelin?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you ask me, the only modern music that sucks is Pop music. There's plenty of modern music that isn't shit.
Ok i guess thats kinda true, Fallout Boy has some good songs, and (correct me if i'm wrong) They're not pop

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Heh, I feel the same. Most music today just... Sounds all the same. Every now and then, there is a song or two that ain't too bad, but the rest, is crap. Just some hours ago I've heard an italian group of rappers that calls themselves "Club Dogo" sing their latest "song". It was god-awful. Most rap is shit for me, anyway.

For genres of music, I don't really have a favorite one. I mean, I like rock, jazz, blues and a lot more, but to me, if I like what I'm listening, I just listen to it. Though, most of the music that I listen to is from videogames. :)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very little. I'm more of a metal/hardcore/rap person.
I'm a big metal-head myself, and a lot of metal is influenced by classical music (especially the metal I listen to). You might be able to appreciate some of the Romantic Era composers who put a lot of power into their music. Tchaikovsky, Liszt, Beethoven, and Dvorak are a few names that spring to mind. Also Holst, who's Planetary Suite has influenced many a movie soundtrack (Mars: The Bringer of War is a popular selection from the suite).

Nah im listening to the right music
I wasn't judging your choice of music so much as saying that the stuff you're complaining about in regards to modern music isn't the totality of modern music and this is better stuff out there to listen to if you look for it. I'm certainly not listening to a bunch of music about bitches and hoes.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Music has always sucked. What happened is that we realized that is much easier to find good music from the past, because at this point all that there's left are the classics that stood against the test of time. It's not that there were better music, but that it's much easier to find because they're classics.

For example, when you think of music in the 90s, what bands come to you mind? Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Gun's N Roses, REM, Oasis? Now, do you remember Backstreet Boys, Five, 'N Sync, New Kids on the Block? Hell, no! This is locked away very deep in our brains. I call it selective memory, we only remember what was good.

Last edited by RodrigoDavy,
D

Deleted-236924

Main reason I stopped listening to radio channels was because they kept insisting on playing the same music over and over again with little to no change. Even now when I try to listen to some channels I still recognise most of the songs they play :|
One thing to consider is that radio stations need an audience so they can profit.
They could play random stuff every time, but then it becomes harder to keep an audience. Play music that you know people enjoy, and they will stick to it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing I wanted to say in my post: You also know what I hate about today's music? When idiots go get and old song and shit all over it. Rarely something good comes out of it. I remember hearing a nice, classical piece of music that started normal, but then it continued all dubstep remixed, and it was just a pain to hear. Bullsh*t.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder as well. 20 years old, and I have the same tastes as yours.

Today's standards are crap.
Popular, but not quite good compared to classics.

Not true really.
In 20 years, people will say .... wow that PSY was amazing ! Gangnam style rocks the big 1 1 1111111 !!!

4439.gif

Last edited by osirisjem,
Reactions: Jack_Sparrow

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it sucks, but if anything, it's definitely lazy.
There are still a lot of great bands and songs, but too much of the popular is just lazily made.

If you're looking for songs outside of the standard "Beiber Pop" focus the radio has, I would recommend Pandora. I've found huge amounts of really, really good stuff from there I never would have found before, very eclectic and unusual. I'd definitely say to give it a try.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modest Mouse.

Peter Bjorn and John

Foster the People

i'm starting to dig into the Indie music scene and find some really cool underground bands.

its a natural evolution. Just like Ebay and their ridiculous changes, Google Plus, Windows 10, Youtube Red, everything eventually turns to Sh*t. a "thing" becomes popular, it gets too big, then the creator tried to reinvent the concept and completely ruins it. people become disillusioned and reject it and yearn for a simpler time.

.... like the star wars franchise. the prequels were garbage, now this new star wars will go back to basics to what made it great in the first place.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're looking for songs outside of the standard "Beiber Pop" focus the radio has, I would recommend Pandora. I've found huge amounts of really, really good stuff from there I never would have found before, very eclectic and unusual. I'd definitely say to give it a try.
Actually that's where most of my music comes from. I find a band I like, then let pandora point me in the right direction towards similar bands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol