Hacking Why CIOS USE FOR WORKING FINE DVD+R DL ( DVD 9 )

florian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello
smile.gif

I have a Wii PAL 4.1E with Wiikey 2 with latest firmware 1.3 and DVDR + DL ( DVD 9 ) not work on my Wii ???? But all DVD 5 work fine ! Also why the best CIOS you use for working fine the DVDR + DL DVD9 ?

Thanks again
smile.gif

PS : I have the CIOS REV 20 Wakinko installed and DVD 9 not work ?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rev 20 should work, its probably your burn or your wii. some wii's do not like dvd DL's at all.

maybe try rev 19, install right over top of 20, you don't have to delete anything. are you sure you are using the cios to load and not the modchip?

florian

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
VashTS said:
rev 20 should work, its probably your burn or your wii. some wii's do not like dvd DL's at all.

maybe try rev 19, install right over top of 20, you don't have to delete anything. are you sure you are using the cios to load and not the modchip?

how to make for load the cios and not the modchip ? explain me if you want and thanks again
smile.gif

rcsgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DVD+R media (including DVD+R DL) need the booktype field set to DVD-ROM. For a dual layer game, the layer break needs to be set to 2084960.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
VashTS said:

how to make for load the cios and not the modchip ? explain me if you want and thanks again
smile.gif

you need to use a loader, like neogamma. that will use ios249 as the choice for loading, and that is what you should be using.

last poster was right as well you need to make sure you burn the disc properly as well. that one im not helping you with.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
DVD9 works without cIOS-CRAP
glare.gif
lol nobody said anything about ciosCORP, and im pretty sure you need cIOS to make ure wii boot backups haha

But on topic, have you tried reburning the DVD9's at a low speed? If the burns are good it might just be your Wii's laser as people have mentioned. Honestly since there are only a couple DVD9 Wii games out, it might be worth it to use a USB Loader for those games. Even if you have no HardDrive, if you have an 8GB+ Sd card or USB thumbdrive you could just put a DualLayer game on that.

EDIT: O sorry should have finished reading the thread haha. The above post is right if you are using DVDR+ you will need to change the booktype.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk