Why are you a gamer?

Why are you a gamer?

• I was forced! (how?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because I'm l33t that way. (wtf?)

• Because. Just Because. (once again wtf?)

• It's really fun and addicting!

• Great way to fill up the time!

• It's the best hobby EVER!!!!!!

• I like anything computer related.

• Everyone's doing it. (lol)

• I like to stay hip and up to date.

• I don't really know... (lol again)

• Because of GBAtemp! (huh?)

• I'm not, just go on GBAtemp for kicks. (what kicks?)

• Total voters

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing else to do. If I had a girlfriend I would rarely touch a DS
laugh.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Compared to some of the n00blings around here I am somewhat of an OG, gaming for 20 years, and I started on an Atari 2600 and have played some of the classics. I decided when I was about 10 that I wanted to be a games designer now I am at Uni studying games design.

I wouldn't say any of those apply to me, I am a gamer because I like games.

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Because I've been a gamer all my life, I dont know anything else. Ahh the good old days of the Apple II, and having to know Basic!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
These days I don't consider myself a gamer at all. Most days I don't play a single minute, I just don't have time!
If I had to select any other option my choice would be "Great way to fill up the time!"
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what was the first console/computer I played but since I played it I have been addicted. Playing the brilliant H.E.R.O. on either C64 or Atari 2600 is probably my earliest gaming experience, perhaps that made me a gamer.

I've been an Commodore fanboy all the way until the GBC came out then I became a critical Nintendo fanboy, I love them but they piss me off at times as I know they can do a lot better.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I was a kid of the 80s, when gaming started getting good. I wasn't there for Pong or Pac-Man but I was there for S.T.U.N. Racer, Star Wars, Bubble Bobble, Marble Madness and the like.

Console gaming was just an extension of arcades. Literally, because many games that came to the Atari 2600 were just poor ports of arcade games. Even (Super) Mario Bros. was an arcade port. I remember playing it on an old cocktail table type game cabinet.

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I voted "I was forced! (how?)"
tongue.gif
So, well, I wasn't really. But how should I describe the fact I was nearly kinda born with it, with these voting choices?!?
I was born in '88 and my parents had a few Amigas, PCs and a C64 (but one day it died
cry.gif
), so that my brother (only 19 months older) and I grew up with playing video games. So well, as a young kid I could have said something like I was some kinda forced to - I didn't have no choice
wink.gif
And then some christmas me and my bro got our SNES
biggrin.gif

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
Best Hobby Ever!!!

I began games with my Coleco, and I soon discovered I was pretty good at video games, the first game I really liked was Q-Bert, then frogger, Gorf, and countless others until "POW" 20something years later I'm still playing games but I'm now addicted to GBA and DS and... C64... god I loved my C64, still have 2 working units at home and plays it once in a while on emulators (FrodoDS and the one on PPC).

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I play games because they let me live other peoples lives and see things the way the do. Simplified: I like being able to switch to the guy that kills all the zombies, or live in a world where people have special powers, or have the mission to save the world...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu