Question Why am I on StopForumSpam

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
ip addresses are usually dynamic, one of the spammers at some point had that ip address in the past, everytime you restart the router it "rolls the dice" one of thoose rolls had this flagged ip address...

fun fact, why are ip's dynamic? every isp get (or buy, or rent or are attributed, i don't know how exactly they got hands on a "deck of ip's") a number of ips ranges. for example if the isp got 1000 ip's reserved for them. because not everyone is online at same time they can have 2000 costumers, it's the same thing with airplane tickets.. a company sells a percentage higher of tickets than the seats available at a plane because there are always costumers that don't show up at last hours...

(numbers are examples. and i am talking about ip v4)
and if you ask why do they ban ip's since they are always changing.. keep in mind, if you have a server or are on a company, you can have a fixed ip, so it kinda works...

Reactions: nxwing

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
I had this issue once, couldn't visit GBAtemp for a week. I did the entire procedure with confirming your email and all, but it seems it just automatically blocks all IPs in a region that's generating the highest amount of spam.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ip addresses are usually dynamic, one of the spammers at some point had that ip address in the past, everytime you restart the router it "rolls the dice" one of thoose rolls had this flagged ip address...

fun fact, why are ip's dynamic? every isp get (or buy, or rent or are attributed, i don't know how exactly they got hands on a "deck of ip's") a number of ips ranges. for example if the isp got 1000 ip's reserved for them. because not everyone is online at same time they can have 2000 costumers, it's the same thing with airplane tickets.. a company sells a percentage higher of tickets than the seats available at a plane because there are always costumers that don't show up at last hours...

(numbers are examples. and i am talking about ip v4)
and if you ask why do they ban ip's since they are always changing.. keep in mind, if you have a server or are on a company, you can have a fixed ip, so it kinda works...
There are people who turn their router off when they're not using the internet? That's news to me.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There are people who turn their router off when they're not using the internet? That's news to me.
only in the past years routers are everywhere. modems where the devices mostly used... and not everyone keeps their router always on... (if i dont use use it, there is no sense in letting it consume energy..) or people go on vacation.. there is always a percentage of people not online... the isp does the maths to know how many ips they must reserve...

ipv6 was done to answer the limit about the previous version of the ip protocol... because the increasing always online devices and number of internet users... before ipv4 gets full...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't do that he'll cry and tell you to listen to him instead