• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Why all hate NFTs?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could buy some, they'd be roughly as wise an investment as the other kind of NFT.
I would prefer to not have them, they seem to take up too much space and appear to be a weak spot. I quite entire the space in my pants

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would prefer to not have them, they seem to take up too much space and appear to be a weak spot. I quite entire the space in my pants
That's entirely reasonable, but you could always store them elsewhere

6ndujn.jpg

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cryptobros, instead of addressing the inherent flaws of capitalism, would rather exploit other people just so they can get a cushy life. Maaaaaaybe everyone deserves a cushy life, yeah? Sans the evil, of course.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
In short, I see NFTs as overpriced idiotic QR codes that you don't even scan; It's just a stupid token that LINKS to a document, that then usually links to an image or some other asset. The "blockchain", which is a large bullshit database of every transaction, and also a huge waste of processing power and electrical power, can't even store what the token links to.
The server your monkey jpeg that you "bought" is hosted on goes down? That token is even MORE worthless.
Essentially, all crypto is good for is just pyramid schemes, and money laundering. Both of which are illegal.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I think NFT is good. It helps a lot of artists in my country.
Wrong. I know fighting someone like you, who is probably a bot, is a fruitless affair, but as an artist myself I'm not fucking letting that lie just fly with no turbulence.
In parenthesis, let me state the fact clearly: The so-called technology that you hold so dearly hurts artists more than it help them, capiche? Art theft is rampant, and so damn apparent, to the point that DeviantArt made an automated scanner to check for reuploads of people's art not only within DA itself, but also on those crappy NFT marketplaces. These arguments, are just open-shut cases. I've been on the net both near and far, spitting fire and some bars, and you my friend you're just a fool. Crypto shit just isn't cool! Yeah yeah sure, maybe rapping to diss some bot at midnight ain't the most productive thing to do, but what else would I do? In your life, you wanna proceed, but your intelligence? It just recedes. When it comes to idiots like you, I know what to do: I gotta believe!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wrong. I know fighting someone like you, who is probably a bot, is a fruitless affair, but as an artist myself I'm not fucking letting that lie just fly with no turbulence.
Y'know, when you reply to a bot instead of just reporting the post, you just boost the thread and make it more likely that there will be more bots.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, when you reply to a bot instead of just reporting the post, you just boost the thread and make it more likely that there will be more bots.
Eh, it's not like there'll be too many of em for us to handle anyway. Thanks for reminding me to report it though.

edit: holy shit they blew it up

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
NFTs could be great as a theoretical replacement for utility, markets, and industries that consume more than just electricity. Ex.) Trading card games, physical media, vouchers, tickets, hard-copy contracts and records.

If an NFT could grant you access to a game through a decentralized system, then you wouldn't have to worry about your console store going offline or cutting access to your account. Being able to trade, sell, and return digital media rights would make digital media more viable in the whole digital vs physical debate.

NFTs aren't going away, but they have a long way to go in demonstrating utility beyond fads and recruitment schemes.

The Reason why Game Publisher want to use NFTs is to suck you Money by telling you that their stupid loot boxes would be now worth something.

If you purchase DLC, then you are already a potential customer of a system where that DLC can be traded or used in different games and on different platforms. They don't need to be sold to you as "NFT", but the NFT could be a framework on how they determine ownership. The NFT aspect could even exist without you knowing about it. As an end-user, you'd find out that DLC became cooler because you could trade it, and you'd be none-the-wiser that it was blockchain/NFT management that makes your DLC, ironically, more fungible.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: brickmii82

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the images you buy are links to the image either hosted on Google Drive, Amazon's AWS cloud services, MEGA or similar.
Post automatically merged:

There will also be a time where the link no longer exists, leaving you completely empty handed. Be a good person and do what everybody else does, and that is to save the image for free.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Most of the images you buy are links to the image either hosted on Google Drive, Amazon's AWS cloud services, MEGA or similar.
Post automatically merged:

There will also be a time where the link no longer exists, leaving you completely empty handed. Be a good person and do what everybody else does, and that is to save the image for free.
And if it were from a real artist and not just some shitty picrew made by a computer, you could just (sometimes) commission them for something you truly wanna see!

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool