Hacking Why 9.6 is not working on emunand?

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us actually own retail carts and would like to update them. It's a real pain in the ass to do that without 9.6 emuNAND support.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
two questions:

how are people able to dump eshop games without emunand 9.6?

how does rxtools support emunand 9.6? by not applying the encryption?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us actually own retail carts and would like to update them. It's a real pain in the ass to do that without 9.6 emuNAND support.

How is it a pain in the ass just download the update as a CIA file and install it or 50 updates at once using BigBlueMenu

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it a pain in the ass just download the update as a CIA file and install it or 50 updates at once using BigBlueMenu
.CIA updates don't work for retail carts since they can only be played in sysNAND or classic mode, neither of which recognized unsigned .CIAs. You'd have to download the update from your own console to get the signature. So no, it's not as easy as installing .CIAs for pirated ROMs.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.CIA updates don't work for retail carts since they can only be played in sysNAND or classic mode, neither of which recognized unsigned .CIAs. You'd have to download the update from your own console to get the signature. So no, it's not as easy as installing .CIAs for pirated ROMs.
Then the bigger question is why do you have a retail cart at all just rip your rom and play it like that

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of reasons to play retail carts.

For one, they're the only 100% failsafe, futureproof way to play online. After the bans started, a lot of people decided to only play retail carts online in case Nintendo figures out how to detect .CIAs online, or .3DZs with another game's header. Those might be safe for now, but nobody really knows what Nintendo's up to.

Also, retail carts house their own saves. Should you ever need to switch to a new legit piracy-free console, you can take your carts with you, but you can't take your ROMs and their saves. For games that require a huge time investment and a lot of online play, like Pokemon and Monster Hunter, I prefer playing retail so I know I'll never be banned and my saves will be safe should I ever need a new console.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of reasons to play retail carts.

For one, they're the only 100% failsafe, futureproof way to play online. After the bans started, a lot of people decided to only play retail carts online in case Nintendo figures out how to detect .CIAs online, or .3DZs with another game's header. Those might be safe for now, but nobody really knows what Nintendo's up to.

Also, retail carts house their own saves. Should you ever need to switch to a new legit piracy-free console, you can take your carts with you, but you can't take your ROMs and their saves. For games that require a huge time investment and a lot of online play, like Pokemon and Monster Hunter, I prefer playing retail so I know I'll never be banned and my saves will be safe should I ever need a new console.

Thats a whole lot of what ifs my dude but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that a whole lot of "what ifs?" It's 2 scenarios very likely to happen one day. 1: Private headers and .CIAs won't be ban-safe once Nintendo finds a way to detect them. 2: Your 3DS won't last forever, and new consoles have started shipping out with 9.4.

With retail though, no risk of being banned. No risk of not being able to play my 500-hour saves when my 9.2 O3DS bites the dust. And should I ever get to enter an official Pokemon tournament, I don't have to worry about the cart check. There are some things you just can't do via piracy, believe it or not.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is that a whole lot of "what ifs?" It's 2 scenarios very likely to happen one day. 1: Private headers and .CIAs won't be ban-safe once Nintendo finds a way to detect them. 2: Your 3DS won't last forever, and new consoles have started shipping out with 9.4.

With retail though, no risk of being banned. No risk of not being able to play my 500-hour saves when my 9.2 O3DS bites the dust. And should I ever get to enter an official Pokemon tournament, I don't have to worry about the cart check. There are some things you just can't do via piracy, believe it or not.

I already have 3 explotable 3DS(Regular, XL and N3DS XL), you could just get an exploitable backup 3DS, not like they're expensive(Like the cost of what, 3 games?). Then you'd just have one unlikely scenario and wouldn't need to bother paying stupid prices for retail games.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RxTools only supports 9.6 on Old 3DS, which gateway can release the support for, my only guess that they're not releasing 9.6 emuNAND support for old 3ds is that they're trying to release a universal update for both O3DS and N3DS, to prevent noobs from updating their emuNAND on N3DS because they don't know how to read.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RxTools only supports 9.6 on Old 3DS, which gateway can release the support for, my only guess that they're not releasing 9.6 emuNAND support for old 3ds is that they're trying to release a universal update for both O3DS and N3DS, to prevent noobs from updating their emuNAND on N3DS because they don't know how to read.

so it only works on old 3DS XL. So...uhm is that the only disadvantage?

katedering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most gateway users don't need 9.6 supported right now since eshop games and updates can be found on rom sites.

Would it be possible to tell me how to "accept the latest online user agreement" from gw9.5? I'm running it on a JPN 3ds and can't read anything so I don't know what buttons to press.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up