Country
United States
show me your:
-multiple playdias
-multiple wonderswans
-multiple neo geo mvs's
-multiple CD-I's and 3D0's
-most important, multiple Nintendo Playstations
... fine you caught me ....I only have one cd-I and 3do, a Consoleized neogeo Mvs and a aes ( and a Chinese bootleg mvs) but my shame is that I don’t have a Nintendo PlayStation.
But have multiple Jackie Chan’s Xavix makes me happy.. and I got boxes of hyperscan

Last edited by djpannda,
Reactions: WiiHomebrew+Snes

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have this one but it's a nice set. 2 Silver Wavebirds in great condition too.

pKyae6a.jpg

Last edited by Hanafuda,
D

Deleted User

I still have a black one somewhere in the attic.
Bought it on a flee market some years ago.

Archerite

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never had one when it was "new", but did have a wii since 2007-ish that could play the games. Now I have four of them! I have plans to mod one into a fully custom case and be 100% silent! Or at least less of a jumbo jet with a near silent big fan on the thing! :D

Archerite

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not? Only difference is the Gameboy player and price of component cables.
Because this poll is, I think, about the actual real original (or modded) GameCube. Not if you can still play GameCube games on actual Nintendo hardware. :wink:

And technically ALL wii models have gamecube compatibility in their hardware. Nintendo just removed the ports on later models. The connection points are still there. Even the Wii mini has the solder test points to add the ports back....and I was working on it at some point. This "feature" is what makes Nintendont work on these models. :DB-)^_^

But to be fair...the discs can't be read on the models without the ports as far as I know. At least the mini does not read them.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have an Black Gamecube...i wanna mod it ..could someone tell me where i can find more info about that?
Technically off-topic, but still: Depends what you want. There are various methods to boot homebrew software – with and without hardware modification. Overview:
https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Booting_Homebrew
  • The best and most advanced modification is GCLoader (optical drive emulator) to get rid of the error prone moving parts and laser. There are IPL replacements – Hyperboot – offering booting to Swiss without functional drive but loading like the methods below (no complete optical drive emulator).
  • The cheapest method (if you already own a game on the list) is getting an SD-Gecko and/or SD2SP2 (if your GameCube has "Serial Port 2") and using a save exploit.
  • If you are not afraid of soldering: The very cheap XenoGC clone modchip will allow you to boot Swiss from burned Mini-DVD. Success depends on laser and media quality and may require adjusting the potentiometer.
  • Seems somebody succeeded in using Datel's method for Swiss and is offering pressed boot discs that work on unmodified GC (only NTSC consoles). Good idea, good work – but a pretty high price. https://everdrivestore.com/collections/gamecube Might as well go directly to GCLoader
Note that only IPL-replacements or GCLoader allow booting Swiss without functional disc drive.

Good luck and have fun!
=====================

Now to the question of this thread: Yes, I have two GameCube consoles (and six fully GC compatible Wii). One of the GC has Game Boy Player and XenoGC for booting Swiss from burned disc (limits the usage of the aging drive to some seconds each time using the cube).

Reactions: Archerite

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have at least one gamecube but I might still have my broken one as well. No idea where it'd be cuz it broke in 2008 lol.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cheapest method (if you already own a game on the list) is getting an SD-Gecko and/or SD2SP2 (if your GameCube has "Serial Port 2") and using a save exploit.
I'm still confused as to whether the SD-Gecko is necessarily the same as the SD Media Launcher. I wish there was a comprehensive guide for all this stuff; there seems to be so much outdated information circulating.

Seems somebody succeeded in using Datel's method for Swiss and is offering pressed boot discs that work on unmodified GC (only NTSC consoles). Good idea, good work – but a pretty high price.
I'll say. You can still buy the official Datel product for less than that: https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx .

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Archerite

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm still confused as to whether the SD-Gecko is necessarily the same as the SD Media Launcher. I wish there was a comprehensive guide for all this stuff; there seems to be so much outdated information circulating.

I'll say. You can still buy the official Datel product for less than that: https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx .
It's not the same. The SD Gecko is just an adapter that you can put an SD card in and fit's in the memory card slot. The SD Media Launcher is the boot disc from Datel that allows to load homebrew from the SD card.

While I agree the price is really high, the Datel software has a limitation of 2GB on the SD card. It means you boot the Datel disk with an 2GB SD card that has swiss on it -> then launch swiss -> swap SD card -> reload! I know from experience this is NOT fun to do a lot while testing homebrew! ^_^

If that expensive disk boots directly into swiss with bigger SD card support....it could be an option. :)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson