Hacking Who is the best cheap ds card for 3ds?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if 3dstt runs wood, but if you want a flashcart that supports the latest wood and can run on the latest 3DS firmware, you should get the r4i Gold 3DS (from www.r4ids.cn).

It's updated regularly by the team in order to work on the latest DSi and 3DS firmwares that blocks flashcarts. Also it supports the latest wood r4 firmware, so you won't have many compatibility issues.
smile.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Wait, quick question - is this 3dS-compatible? http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-AKAIO-Compatible.html

Also, is there a difference between 3ds/non3ds cards?
I think that cart is pretty outdated and only supports up to AKAIO 1.8.6a (the team hasn't released AKAIO 1.8.7 that is compatible with their card)
I'd rather go with an acekard 2i if you want AKAIO support.

This is the recommended r4i Gold that runs wood and has 3DS 2.0.0-2/2.0.1-3 support.
here's a review for r4i Gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn)
The non-3DS version can also be updated to work with the latest 3DS firmware and it works much like an acekard updater. You can find the updater and it's guide here.

D

Deleted User

s4mid4re said:
tigris said:
Wait, quick question - is this 3dS-compatible? http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-AKAIO-Compatible.html

I think that cart is pretty outdated and only supports up to AKAIO 1.8.6a (the team hasn't released AKAIO 1.8.7 that is compatible with their card)

This is the recommended r4i Gold that runs wood and has 3DS 2.0.0-2/2.0.1-3 support.
The non-3DS version can also be updated to work with the latest 3DS firmware and it works much like an acekard updater. You can find the updater and it's guide here.
So, this one?
http://www.eachgame.hk/goods-4084.html

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
s4mid4re said:
tigris said:

So, this one?
That's the one. The one on the link above doesn't seem to have it pre-updated to work with the latest DSi/3DS firmwares, so I recommend you do them manually if you have a DSi or 3DS. You can download everything (the updater and its guide, and wood r4 v1.31) from here.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

s4mid4re said:
tigris said:
s4mid4re said:
tigris said:

So, this one?
That's the one. The one on the link above doesn't seem to have it pre-updated to work with the latest DSi/3DS firmwares, so I recommend you do them manually if you have a DSi or 3DS. You can download everything (the updater and its guide, and wood r4 v1.31) from here.
smile.gif
Oh, that guide is classic.
"You could copy the right 3DS V2.0.0-2 Patch software to the MicroSD card! Then you could insert the micro SD card into the R4i gold. After that inserting the R4i gold into the NDS Lite console. You could enter the wood R4 root. "

lpm98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely go with the r4i gold 3ds. it runs wood (which is regularly updated) and has great homebrew support. It is also pretty cheap. I recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced priced flashcart with many features for the 3ds

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to choose a cheaper card, just choose a R4i gold 3ds or R4i SDHC 3DS, otherwise, just choose Acekard 2i ,DSTwo...i would not recommend the 3dstt which you mentioned!

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Natalie88 said:
Kijof said:
I want a cheap flashcard for 3ds, looking here, http://www.ndscardsale.com/3ds-cards , I saw the 3dstt, anyone knows if it runs wood firmware?
Did you do already? i also want to buy one for my little brother...sharing your experience, Thx

Nope, 3DSTT do not use wood firmware,and R4i gold 3DS card from r4ids.cn uses wood , so if you want to use the wood fireware , just choose a R4i gold. or esle , choose a Acekard2i or DSTwo .....

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nicole Luyben said:
Natalie88 said:
Kijof said:
I want a cheap flashcard for 3ds, looking here, http://www.ndscardsale.com/3ds-cards , I saw the 3dstt, anyone knows if it runs wood firmware?
Did you do already? i also want to buy one for my little brother...sharing your experience, Thx

Nope, 3DSTT do not use wood firmware,and R4i gold 3DS card from r4ids.cn uses wood , so if you want to use the wood fireware , just choose a R4i gold. or esle , choose a Acekard2i or DSTwo .....

Yeah, you'll be hard pressed to find a decent cart that's cheap and works on the 3DS

Go ahead and Spoil yourself, buy a DSTwo and never worry again. It's wonderful, plain and simple. Easy to use, and has a ****load of features.

jaymattic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the Acekard 2i. It has excellent 3DS support and seems to be updated frequently.

There's an actual store near me that sells every flavor of DS flashcart, so after doing some research I picked up an Acekard there for about 20 bucks. Also got a cheap Pandora battery while I was at it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about