Hacking White Screen on specific games on YS Menu

MacMclee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found my old r4 card(it is the original one) and just bought a new 2gb sd card. I downloaded the wood 1.62 kernel for the original r4 and put the r4 clone folder from the RetroGameFan multicart folder onto my sd card. I also added a few games to my r4 card. However, only some of the games actually work on ys menu. For example, when I boot up mario kart ds or super mario 64 ds, the game works perfectly without any errors. However, when I try to boot up any Pokemon game or new super mario bros, ys menu doesn't work and shows a white screen. I am unsure why this problem is only happening for some games. From what I have read online, this problem is different from others so I am unsure what to do. If anyone can help troubleshoot, it would be greatly appreciated.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The wood kernel gives the same white screen error for all games including mario kart ds and super mario 64
You might need to patch those roms for antipiracy.
Some cards comes with the feature, and I'm guessing either the card you have is a bad clone or simply too old to work properly.

I this case patch problematic roms and hope for the best.
Another reason mifht be bad rom dumps.

But to avoid problems get the real deal or invest in a better card.

PS: On the cheap side, TopToy DS is a card that never game me problems. R4for3DS also didn't gave me problems, in theory it's fully compatible witg DS roms given that it was released after the DS lifespan. But again, TTDS was and still is my preferred.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

MacMclee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so I am pretty confused on how to access TWLMenu++ Settings and how exactly I can turn on "Use nds-bootstrap."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!