PS1/2 which usb pen drives work with PS2 action replay max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was hoping to use my PSP with a 512mb memory card (in usb mode) or multi card reader (with 128mb SD card) in place of a USB pen drive but so far i've had no luck getting my usb sources to show up in the memory manager section of the Action Replay MAX software (note i don't have the EVO version)

can anyone confirm which (cheap) pen drives work with the sony PS2 fat SCPH-50003?

ps the cheapest pen drive i've seen is a 1gb usb 2.0 here http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_in...ducts_id=105225 would that work?

are there size limits, usb 2 problems etc

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just to add - i've since tried using my mate's 256mb usb stick but i still get no joy, the PS2 never seems to recognise it.

i've tried formatting the stick in fat16 using both windows (vista) and a HP formatting program (i've seen recommended on similar ps2 threads)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the site mentions the the ar max comes with a usb drive meaning its the evo edition

I have a regular ar max for PS2 and it cant read USB devices either

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
the site mentions the the ar max comes with a usb drive meaning its the evo edition

I have a regular ar max for PS2 and it cant read USB devices either
ah
unsure.gif

i'd always assumed the evo edition was a reference to the built in media player (as opposed to the naff DVD region free feature i have on mine)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the evo editing had a bit of upgrades such as the media player, being able to update codes from the flash drive that you plug in your computer instead of the regular ar max which needed to have connect to the internet via the PS2 to get the latest code list and save it to a memory card, as well as the built in genesis emu

I had the evo edition for a few days but returned it and went back to my regular version
the load times were horrible and most of the time my ps2 couldn't read the ar max evo disk for some reason...

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
FAT32 has always been fine with mine.
i take it you've got everything to install FMCB on a memory card? don't suppose you fancy installing me a copy if i sent you my memory card (i'd pay you a fee)?

(sorry if that sounds cheeky, just pulling my hair out ^^!)

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
the evo editing had a bit of upgrades such as the media player, being able to update codes from the flash drive that you plug in your computer instead of the regular ar max which needed to have connect to the internet via the PS2 to get the latest code list and save it to a memory card, as well as the built in genesis emu

I had the evo edition for a few days but returned it and went back to my regular version
the load times were horrible and most of the time my ps2 couldn't read the ar max evo disk for some reason...
with regards to the MAX/evo versions

on the official site it states the MAX versions 3.3x to 3.5x featured the media player software http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=59

however this page http://uk.codejunkies.com/support/article....?article_id=402 also suggests it was possible to update versions below 3.32 via USB (or at least via their own Max drive)

edit:

actually i've just read a thread on afterdawn http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/123109 which seems to confirm what you're suggesting:

QUOTE said:
well ive just bought the ar max evo, with a max drive and its great, i also have the normal ar max , and tried the proper max drive(that came with my ar max evo) with it and it doesnt work.

Well, it seem AR MAX WON'T recognize any USB connected stuff, but AR MAX EVO WILL!!!!

Why?????????
The interface is equal, why can't they work equal????
AR2 V2 does recognize a X-port cable!!!!!!

I'm getting real bored with this AR MAX stuff!!!!!!!

edit2:

okay i contacted datel and they confirmed version v3.06 (printed on my disc's underside) doesn't support USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: