Gaming Which PSP to buy?

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about buying a PSP since some games have come out that I wish to play. I was wondering, which PSP would be the best choice to hack / play roms / homebrew on.

Options
1. PSP 1000 (Phat)
2. PSP 2000 (Slim)
3. PSP 3000 (Brite)
4. PSP Go

Also, I would like to know which is the easiest / cheapest to hack.

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with the Phat or Slim. Go is being hacked right now, so if you can wait a month or two, you could go for that, but there's no guarantee hacking will be completed, so think about it if you're gonna go for a go.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Popcorn Fairy said:
Go with the Phat or Slim. Go is being hacked right now, so if you can wait a month or two, you could go for that, but there's no guarantee hacking will be completed, so think about it if you're gonna go for a go.

The only reason why I don't want a PSP Phat or Slim is that I would have to buy it second hand, and it could already be semi bricked / damaged.

Popcorn Fairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:
Popcorn Fairy said:

The only reason why I don't want a PSP Phat or Slim is that I would have to buy it second hand, and it could already be semi bricked / damaged.

I know, but eh. What can you do? If it's messed up, just take it back and get a different one.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go with the black, blue or red combo packages aka star wars, daxter or god of war. They are all "supposed" to be PSP-2000. They are the easiest to hack. I owned a PHAT back in the day since they were first released, when u had to use Devhook and run code with TIF exploits. The PHAT has heavier, but feels better made, while the new models are lighter weight, but feel cheesey and your hands can slip from the case sometimes. If have you use hellcat, or just a pandora/magic memory stick the SLIM combo packages are perfect, I upgraded to 5.50GEN B-2 and all my plugins work from 5.00M33, etc.

Plugins *some of these can't be used on a PHAT due to RAM issues*

Listen to own music while in GAME or Homebrew
Lock PSP with password
VSU menu
POPSloader (PSOne emulation)
Appswitcher, let's you put all ur apps/games into seperate folders, if you have a big 16gb card.

Just a to name a few.

Wynd

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
3000 is out of the question. My vote is on the red PSP 2000, as all of those are reported to be hackable. I'm currently saving my money to get one (I have a silver one, but it needs a lot of work and I'm scared of breaking it... so I'm buying a second one as a backup so I can mod the silver one) too, so you know they're good.
tongue.gif

Popcorn Fairy said:
As far as I know, you can't put CFW on 3000s.
And yes you can put CFW on 3000s - it's called 5.03 MHU or 5.03 GEN-A. They're temporary, and are enabled using the ChickHEN hack. Most of it is stored in the PSP RAM, so if your PSP crashes, you're back to OFW. But then you just enable ChickHEN and then your CFW again.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine at amazon.com for like 147 or 187 USD, type in "God of War PSP" and you'll get it.

Like i said, if you pick up a PHAT and a Red Slim you'll see and feel the difference, but the amount you can do with a red slim is greater then a PHAT.

Wynd

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
but the amount you can do with a red slim is greater then a PHAT.
that can be highly disputed since a ton of apps use the 1.50 kernel cannot be used on the psp slim
some of them upgraded but there are still alot of good apps and such that stayed with 1.50 or were never updated

though there is no 1.50 kernel for GEN B-2 (they never made one)
so 5.00 M33-6 is the firmware that can have it right now

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88, not to be a arse, but there isn't really... not for a "newbie" in psphacking, the bluelaser just wants to play games and run emulators, etc. I'm guessing. So sticking with Slim is a legitimate solution i believe.

But yes I loved my PHAT.

PSP takes up to 16gb as I know of, it may take the new 32gb. I'd stick with 16gb.

Wynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1