Hacking Which IOS do I need so I can turn on my Wii with the headest?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I just don't understand the mod team here... His topics go for about 10 pages each, and he still gets away with everything.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..........I am NOT complaining about the headset problem now guys. Priilloader does NOT turn on now so I am guessing it is technically un-installed. I am happy about the headset part now. The only problem that I am BITCHING about is I want to be able to update my Wii through Nintendo's official servers whenever I do not have my SD cards handy (like on vacations). Not being able to update the Wii will disable me from accessing new update features and the like (WSC and others). For future referance. Some guy stated above that Priiloader not insatlled after mod-mii while having it installed earlier isn't the same thing as un-installing it. But I don't know if it is true or not but I just want to know WHAT do I do so I can update the official way? That is ALL I ask and afterwards I will laave. Thanks.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You dont need to update your wii. Put your wii on 4.1/4.2/4.3 and just leave it there. Turn Block online updates & Disc updates ON.

If their ever is a new shop channel then you just start NUS Downloader and download the latest version. PACK wad and install with a wad manager.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
I want to be able to update my Wii through Nintendo's official servers whenever I do not have my SD cards handy (like on vacations).

how many sd cards do you need to mod a wii? are you really planning for the event that a wii update will come out while you're on vacation? when you go on vacation to a beach do you prefer to sit in your hotel room playing wii sports resort?

aside: do you remove your sd card when you go on vacation or something?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
You dont need to update your wii. Put your wii on 4.1/4.2/4.3 and just leave it there. Turn Block online updates & Disc updates ON.

If their ever is a new shop channel then you just start NUS Downloader and download the latest version. PACK wad and install with a wad manager.

you're adding fuel to the fire.. he wants to do online updates.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Sometimes I just don't understand the mod team here... His topics go for about 10 pages each, and he still gets away with everything.
apparently he has some tacit approval to do this from the powers that be - its the only thing that explains how his continued nonsensical rantings remain, while our complaints are removed.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Ryukouki said:
apparently he has some tacit approval to do this from the powers that be - its the only thing that explains how his continued nonsensical rantings remain, while our complaints are removed.

im not surprised at all. I mean, are they really gonna turn a blind eye to this kid if XFlak is getting annoyed? There really is something up with this case here. He's helped thousands of guys on their wii journey but smashdude doesn't get it? The lines aren't adding up now. I mean, his cases always end up in failure, like magic, when hundreds of people have done the exact same thing?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreicate Xflak's advice and it helped immnesley to get the headset to work. However I want to be able to update the official way and my Wii won't let me. What do I do to enable it to update the official way? And I don't want to keep on having to download and update new versions and WADs and the like to update. No bypassing. Please guys all I am asking is to enable my Wii to perform official updates. Based on that IOS information, what do I do so I can enable Nintendo official updates in my Wii settings?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, this is some advice I gave someone else earlier today in the ModMii thread, u may find it useful
http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-wind...t&p=3323396

Ryukouki said:
XFlak said:
anyways, the rule of thumb is, if ur wii is softmodded, don't do an official update, u never know what surprises they could have in store for u... and trust me, u don't want to be the first one to report "4.4 update removed all my softmods!"

Tell that to smashdude.
frown.gif

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xander150 said:
obvious troll is troll
yeah i have same problem to but lets see 3 weeks ago by now when i asked if it could be fixed and there was no answer so he needs to give up and just unplug it b4 he turns the wii on

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ryukouki said:
OncleJulien said:
Ryukouki said:

im not surprised at all. I mean, are they really gonna turn a blind eye to this kid if XFlak is getting annoyed? There really is something up with this case here. He's helped thousands of guys on their wii journey but smashdude doesn't get it? The lines aren't adding up now. I mean, his cases always end up in failure, like magic, when hundreds of people have done the exact same thing?

QUOTE(xander150 @ Dec 13 2010, 10:33 AM)
obvious troll is troll

We've talked of this numerous times, and we've deemed he's not trolling, but instead, just having serious difficulties in hacking a Wii. I'd just tell him to just buy a new Wii, but well, I guess that wouldn't work
tongue.gif

There are no rules against repeated help requests, as long as he doesn't bump-doublepost-createdupethreads, so bear with it, it's not like we can ban an user just for asking questions.

As I've said in the past, you're free to just AVOID his threads, if you can't stand his attitude. Thanks.

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Ryukouki said:
OncleJulien said:
Ryukouki said:

obvious troll is troll

We've talked of this numerous times, and we've deemed he's not trolling, but instead, just having serious difficulties in hacking a Wii. I'd just tell him to just buy a new Wii, but well, I guess that wouldn't work
tongue.gif

There are no rules against repeated help requests, as long as he doesn't bump-doublepost-createdupethreads, so bear with it, it's not like we can ban an user just for asking questions.

As I've said in the past, you're free to just AVOID his threads, if you can't stand his attitude. Thanks.
yeah thats true but he should stop asking because if he hasnt got it working by now its just something he will have to live with it i have same problem ike he does but there is no solution so just move on and on my part i have all ios's i need plus they are all updated my wii runs just fine has been modded for a while
also i think i seen someone b4 asking aout this and they had a wii that was not modded

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Ryukouki said:
OncleJulien said:
Ryukouki said:

obvious troll is troll

tongue.gif

I think that at this point theres a fine line between difficulty and just plain trolling...
tongue.gif
Uhhhh he does break rules. He doesn't double post, he sometimes triple posts!
tongue.gif
If there was a way to avoid him, that would work, but the simple blocker doesn't do enough. I read other responses and I just HAVE to see what idiocy he's written. Thanks for clarifying, but I'm not gonna roast the team further over it.
smile.gif

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
..........I am NOT complaining about the headset problem now guys. Priilloader does NOT turn on now so I am guessing it is technically un-installed. I am happy about the headset part now. The only problem that I am BITCHING about is I want to be able to update my Wii through Nintendo's official servers whenever I do not have my SD cards handy (like on vacations). Not being able to update the Wii will disable me from accessing new update features and the like (WSC and others). For future referance. Some guy stated above that Priiloader not insatlled after mod-mii while having it installed earlier isn't the same thing as un-installing it. But I don't know if it is true or not but I just want to know WHAT do I do so I can update the official way? That is ALL I ask and afterwards I will laave. Thanks.

You are on 4.3U now, right?

--Priiloader is GONE. UNINSTALLED. NONEXISTENT.

Wtf are you talking about, you don't need an SD card to update. Hell, you don't need to update at all! If you are on vacation, is waiting a week going to kill you if you don't update? It isn't like youre getting anything except anti homebrew and stubs. Regardless, if it is a vacation does a Wii even matter much? ENJOY YOUR VACATION!

You don't need to SM update to use WSC! USE WII SHOP CHANNEL UPDATER OR GET THE DAMN WADs from ModMii!

"Some guy stated above that Priiloader not insatlled after mod-mii while having it installed earlier isn't the same thing as un-installing it." What is this I don't even...

TL;DR - quit the Wii. You don't need to use Nintendo Updates to update. You can do it all better by yourself if you would take all of maybe 20 minutes to explore ModMii BY YOURSELF and a few days of looking at the Wii - Hacking and Wii - Homebrew and Emulation forums here. You get NOTHING from updating post-4.1 so far that you can NOT get off of ModMii. You just have to READ, and TAKE PEOPLE'S ADVICE.

Mods, sorry for the rant. This topic is 11 pages too long, though.

EDIT - by the way though, ON TOPIC, smashdude, if you ARE running 4.3U and not 4.3WAN anymore, meaning Priiloader was uninstalled, you shouldn't be having any problem getting updates. You DO have an internet connection set up on the Wii, right?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me attempt to boil this topic down to one post:

- he prefers to remove priiloader, and any brick protection, so that he doesn't have to remove his usb headset when booting the wii even though brick protection is more important for someone as clueless as him
- he wants to be able to do legit system updates which will remove any trucha'd ios's or other hacks (although he claims he doesnt pirate) so that in the future he can come back and make more useless threads about how the new system menu removed all his hacks
- he must take his wii on vacation with him otherwise he will spend all his time worrying about system menu updates that are released while on vacation

did i miss anything?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
let me attempt to boil this topic down to one post:

- he prefers to remove priiloader, and any brick protection, so that he doesn't have to remove his usb headset when booting the wii even though brick protection is more important for someone as clueless as him
- he wants to be able to do legit system updates which will remove any trucha'd ios's or other hacks (although he claims he doesnt pirate) so that in the future he can come back and make more useless threads about how the new system menu removed all his hacks
- he must take his wii on vacation with him otherwise he will spend all his time worrying about system menu updates that are released while on vacation

did i miss anything?

Yes, you did

-ignored all advice from members.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P