Which games would you nominate? (steam)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So...aside from one of the regular steam sales, valve now allows you to nominate games in up to nine categories (obviously: all from their shop). Considering the large collection, most will end up being on recent games*, but I'm curious...which game(s) do or did you nominate (or would you)?
And if at all possible...why did you nominate your game(s)? :)

The categories are as follows (numbering by me):

1) The “Test of Time” Award
This award is for the game that is just as good today as the day you first played it. Newer games may come out, but it doesn’t matter… you’ll always come back to play this one.

2) The “I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye” Award
Games are fun. But sometimes games become more than that, and touch you in a way you weren’t expecting. This award celebrates the game that blindsided you emotionally. You weren’t expecting to cry. It wasn’t in the plan. But it happened none the less.

3) The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
You have an early day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep, so you’re just going finish one more thing before you decide to tuck in for the night. Just one more. Wait, one more. What’s that you say? It’s 2:30 AM? This award is for the game that keeps you playing late.

4) The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award
Some games melt your face. Maybe it was a crazy plot twist. Maybe you just got your wisdom teeth removed. Either way, this game BLOWS YOUR MIND.

5) The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award
Some people just need a hug.

6) The “Game Within A Game” Award
Kinder Eggs. Peanut Butter Cups. Jelly Donuts. All great things stuffed with other great things. Like a mighty turducken, this award celebrates the best mini game hidden within another game.

7) The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award
This title didn’t have a huge marketing machine behind it, but you found it and loved it. Then you told your friends about it. And they loved it. And now that little game that could is about to win an award… but always remember: you totally found it first.

8) The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award
Animals are rad and almost any game is better for including them. However this game used a farm animal in the best way possible.

9) (*name pending Selection Committee Decision)
There are as many great ideas for awards as there are great games to play. And so we turn to the Steam Awards Selection Committee to come up with their own category and nominee. Senior members of the Selection Committee will review the write-in entries and create an entirely new category based on the feedback provided.

(note: N°9 is probably already known as far as the community is concerned. ;) )

My personal votes:
1) Voted: plants vs zombies
Reason: I finished this game twice (on PC and later on tablet), and I might just go for thirds. And with "finished" I also mean squeeze all the money out of the gardens
Nominee: VVVVV

2) Voted: the walking dead (season 1)
Reason: should be obvious if you've played this.
Nominee: Braid

3) Voted: infinifactory
Reason: this game has you building contraptions in 3D. After the first few levels, levels usually start with "I have no idea how to build what's asked, but let me start with this bit...", then transition into "hey...what if I do this while I'm at it?", then into "NO!!! That should go there.", and so on. I'm not sure if I even want to start factorio... :P
Nominees:
-torchlight 2
-adventure capitalist

4) Voted: antichamber
Reason: as far as puzzle games or even games in genearl go, this one blows my mind. Escher-like puzzles, out-of the box situations and all sorts of tricks and shenanigans. It somewhat changes once you get that 'gun', but even then the game is phenomenal

5) Voted: far cry 3
Reason: honestly: I barely ever care for PC game villains. But Vaas is certainly one of the best ones. I'm not sure why they're calling it a hugging contest, but hey...I feel sorry for him not being the final boss, so...it works out? :P

6) Voted: crypt of the necrodancer
Reason: I almost left this one open, as it's usually AAA-games who crank in the games I ACTUALLY want to play somewhere within them. But crypt of the necrodancer is a good option; the game is about rhythm. the bard, however, makes it a turn-based experience. And I like the game a lot more that way than how it was originally meant.

7) Voted: Cook, serve, delicious
Reason: this is my favorite game, yet it isn't as known as some others. I guess that's why I added this.

8) Voted: Monkey island SE
Reason: I guess this is the comedy option? I would have voted for "my farm life 2", but that's not on steam. I voted this because the rubber chicken...and partially because of the now classic insult comeback "how appropriate...you fight like a cow".

9) I opted to call for a "Do more with less award", going to Another perspective.
Reason for the award: I dunno, really. I do remember the days when games had to be squeezed on small cartridges or floppies. I know that size is cheap and easy to come by, but still...there are worse ways to judge a game than on a "fun per megabyte" size. :P
Reason: This game is but 7 megabytes in size but easily checks all the boxes that games require nowadays”
Nominees: an originality-award, going to mushroom 11.

So...if you have any...what are your games based on these awards? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up