Hardware where do they still sell a M3 Perfect miniSD (GBA SP compatible)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You do understand that this is a hardware lvl compatibility problem, which means you have to use a different brand or model of microSD to get it to work. You can't fix this type of issue with reinserting the non-working microSD and expecting it to auto-magically work.

The company is basically dead and gone, there are no updates or fixes you will find that will help.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do understand that this is a hardware lvl compatibility problem, which means you have to use a different brand or model of microSD to get it to work. You can't fix this type of issue with reinserting the non-working microSD and expecting it to auto-magically work.

The company is basically dead and gone, there are no updates or fixes you will find that will help.

I don't understand how it could be a hardware problem though. I bought a standard 2gb sd for my m3 perfect which only reads standard sd cards and it doesn't seem to be working with it. I copied the games back into my original 1gb card and everything seems to load now, but it won't so on the 2gb card.

Do you think the problem lies in that the m3 perfect just simply doesn't read 2gb sd? or that the sd card I bought isn't actually SD?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The M3 perfect was pretty much one of the most sought after gba flashcarts around for gba pokemon players, I have rarely seen anyone say that their M3 perfect didn't work.

The closest analogy to what this issue is, is like the dyes used in DVDs and CDs and what disc drive you had. Crappy DVDs and CDs with crappy dyes tend to not work or over a short period of time stop being able to be read by one drive but works in another one of a different model.

And then you the intention incompatibilities. Like between different manufacturers of certain products. Example of this is DLink and Cisco, where Cisco routers and switches detecting any DLink hardware like other switches, routers or network cards would intentionally introduce intentional errors or drop them from that node in the network, or refuse to communicate with DLink hardware entirely. This was done to be able to claim DLink hardware was inferior and should be dropped from any customer hardware list and go with Cisco only hardware.

Examples of other GBA flashcart incompatiblities include the following

EFA and nForce motherboards or motherboards with certain USB controllers
Incompatibility here was the USB controller didn't like the USB controller on the EFA flashcart.

F2A and P25 ports
Incompatibility here was if your P25 port didn't support a certain mode, it would never detect your F2A flashcart. This only happened with REALLY old motherboards.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3 perfect was pretty much one of the most sought after gba flashcarts around for gba pokemon players, I have rarely seen anyone say that their M3 perfect didn't work.

The closest analogy to what this issue is, is like the dyes used in DVDs and CDs and what disc drive you had. Crappy DVDs and CDs with crappy dyes tend to not work or over a short period of time stop being able to be read by one drive but works in another one of a different model.

And then you the intention incompatibilities. Like between different manufacturers of certain products. Example of this is DLink and Cisco, where Cisco routers and switches detecting any DLink hardware like other switches, routers or network cards would intentionally introduce intentional errors or drop them from that node in the network, or refuse to communicate with DLink hardware entirely. This was done to be able to claim DLink hardware was inferior and should be dropped from any customer hardware list and go with Cisco only hardware.

Examples of other GBA flashcart incompatiblities include the following

EFA and nForce motherboards or motherboards with certain USB controllers
Incompatibility here was the USB controller didn't like the USB controller on the EFA flashcart.

F2A and P25 ports
Incompatibility here was if your P25 port didn't support a certain mode, it would never detect your F2A flashcart. This only happened with REALLY old motherboards.

I think my card works for the most part, but it's the 2gb sd card that is compatible. Maybe it's a defective cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc