whats your favorite ANIME cartoon series?

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just because it's anime doesn't mean it's meant for kids. If stuff contains adult content, whether it be foul language, sexual content, or blood and gore, I don't think they should edit it out.

It's almost like saying you're going to take an adult movie, such as Shoot Em Up, and take out all the guns, all the swearing, so a kid could watch it.

If it was meant for kids they would of made it kid friendly to begin with.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrEsPo said:
Just because it's anime doesn't mean it's meant for kids. If stuff contains adult content, whether it be foul language, sexual content, or blood and gore, I don't think they should edit it out.

It's almost like saying you're going to take an adult movie, such as Shoot Em Up, and take out all the guns, all the swearing, so a kid could watch it.

Well said Crespo. I'm very much against censorship, but I believe that full and descriptive warnings should be given before a show hell, even after each commercial break. Parents should know what their kids are watching, the tv is not a babysitter. [/rant]

Back to Favorite anime, my faves are Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun, FLCL. Haven't gotten through Samurai Champloo yet but I'm def gonna check it out soon. I've also been reading a lot of Gantz recently and will check out the anime soon.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"You say most 5 year olds don't like anime? You abviously forgot when you were a kid then."

Hehehe hey when I was a kid, we barely had TV let alone cartoons let alone foreign cartoons.

When I was 5, well that was 67. Cartoons came on on a saturday, and that was basically it.

But judging from your responses, I'm wondering if you understood my post for the most part.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I haven't watched a whole lot of anime, but I do have a few favorites

FLCL
Cowboy BeBop
Trigun
School Rumble
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin (Don't know spelling)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto
Bleach
Excel Saga
Puni-Puni Poemy
edit:
Full Metal Panic!
FMP! The Second Raid
FMP? FUMOFFU

as for my most favorite of all I don't think I could make a decision
tongue.gif

but FLCL, Trigun, and Cowboy BeBop would be the top 3

Carnivean said:
My favourite series is Bible Black, an enjoyable series for all age ranges.
wtf.gif

you are twisted

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
CrEsPo said:

Yeah but they're not going to show Shoot Em Up at 9 on a saturday morning uncensored are they?
What I'm saying is that any decent dub won't be shown before the watershed.

@Panzer Tacticer: I never knew you were that old
tongue.gif

CrEsPo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well Canada's watershed is 9:00 PM and the United States watershed is 10:00 PM. That's still pretty early in my eyes as I go to bed much later than that. I understand it's easy for me since I have no duties in the morning, but one can always record the show if need be. An animation/cartoon isn't required to be shown in the mornings.

Another thing I'd like to note, unless I'm mistaken, most anime is shown during the watershed anyway. On YTV they don't show anime like Bleach, Death Note, etc. until 10:00 PM, maybe 11:00 PM. Before that is American cartoons and earlier in the day are kid cartoons. The same can be said with the Teletoon station. This information obviously stems from only being able to watch stations available in Canada.

With Cable TV there is an Anime on Demand network which doesn't need to be wary of the watershed since it's a subscription channel. So this type of station can display the dubs at any time of the day for oneself.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Panzer Tacticer: I never knew you were that old
smile.gif

Yeah I'm that old
smile.gif

It's not easy being old enough that people think I'm a pervert for finding 30 year old women attractive
smile.gif

So liking anime is never easy.

And the uninitiated think anime is just a cartoon.

Hell some of the best most meaningful dramas I have ever watched were animes. It's not my fault it usually revolves around school age people. I've gotten quite teary eyed watching some animes. You just don't get that from non anime cartoons.

The romance dramas are always entertaining. Hey, I just don't like soap operas, I'll leave those for the housewives out there.
Besides, most soap operas seem to focus only on the negative of human behaviour.

I like to watch an anime and hope the guy wins over the girl, or the girl wins over the guy. I just finished watching Kimikiss Pure Rouge, one of the best romance dramas since Kimegura Orange Road. It has no panty scenery, no mechs, or vampires, or aliens, or magical girls, or any of the usual. It's just a romance drama.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seazn said:
thebobevil said:
Anyone else seen D?butsu no Mori?

Just call it Animal Crossing the Movie >.> Yes, I have, never liked it though probably because it's target audience is kids (as in below 12 most likely aimed 3-7)

I have young kids, and have watched the subbed version with them about 20 times now lol

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Seazn said:
thebobevil said:
Anyone else seen D?butsu no Mori?

Just call it Animal Crossing the Movie >.> Yes, I have, never liked it though probably because it's target audience is kids (as in below 12 most likely aimed 3-7)

I have young kids, and have watched the subbed version with them about 20 times now lol
I loved it, but then I still play Animal Crossing..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Favourite would be hard but it is a split between
Samurai 7: a remake of 7 samurai featuring mecha and samurai and a dman good story to boot.
Gungrave: part supernatural/weird science, part "gun" based, part crime as well as a good story.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I loved the original Dragon Ball series, I have all the videos, and manga graphic novel collection.

I did like DBZ, but I feel it dragged way too much! Haven't really got into any other Anime cartoon series so much, I prefer reading the manga graphic novels, especially most of the SJ variety.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM