Hacking Whats the size of the game ?

codmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do tou think the Rom size will be ? like 50 mega byte ? maybe 100,200 or so ?
I Think its propaly will be like 115 minimum according to its graphics

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
LMAO

DS games are that heavy. This ones, if they are released at some point. Will probably be around 1 Giga at first

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
bdr9 said:
That's bigger than many Wii games...

I don't think I get your point.
There are a lot of Wii games that are smaller than what appears to be the size of a 3DS game. It just surprised me that a current console could have smaller games than a current portable system.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
bdr9 said:
That's bigger than many Wii games...

Just because 2GB will be the standard card size doesn't mean all games will be that big. DVDs are like what, 4.7GB? Wii ISOs usually aren't that big once they've been scrubbed. Expect a similar thing to happen for 3DS games. I highly doubt the 8GB card will actually ever be used, considering that's about the size of a 360/PC game these days.

Then again maybe developers will decide to do a Kojima and fill the empty space with uncompressed music.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
The cartridge sizes for the 3DS hold up to 8GB so really that should answer your question as that's the only confirmation.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With GC graphics and 3D, it best be over a couple of gigs. That may mean hacking/pirating may be harder, or less likely to occur. Though this could make homebrew be a bigger concern for flashcarts, as opposed to homebrew and roms.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
bnwchbammer said:
With GC graphics and 3D, it best be over a couple of gigs. That may mean hacking/pirating may be harder, or less likely to occur. Though this could make homebrew be a bigger concern for flashcarts, as opposed to homebrew and roms.
No offense but...

Get a far larger sd card at about 32gb.

Problem solved
smile.gif

Edit: but by looking at the price of that sd card with the possible flashcart price, I would rather go original.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ramonra said:
codmaster said:
so like 2g minimum??i though it would be much smaller!!

1gb minimum. 2 gb max at first. Then probably up to 8 gb

There is no minimum size for games, that was a misunderstanding about the smallest carts that would be available to the developers.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I think they will provide carts up to 8gb if a game needs that much room, but to cut down on costs they'll most likely provide carts at 2gb for games that are let's say 1gb big.
So if my hunch is correct that will explain the varying reports of size.

smash_legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would say... you'll see a few really small ones eventually that will be about 500MB, but only for something with really low graphics

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming they don't deliberately use un-optimised textures/fileformats just to fill the 2GB space...

Standard games will be about 128 - 512MB, with games that have excessive dialogue or fmv's reaching the 2GB mark.

You should take a look at PSP games for an idea on how big games need to be, or can be.

It's just a matter of how they go about filling the space.

smash_legend said:
would say... you'll see a few really small ones eventually that will be about 500MB, but only for something with really low graphics

SHOULD be smaller, but can't tell for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-