Android What's the best phone-tablet with android?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
(idk if it's only here in canada but) you need to pay to be able to use your phone, but a tablet, you can do whatever. I'm asking if there's such thing as a phone but is treated as a tablet.
You don't need to pay for a phone subscription if you don't want to, you could just use it on wifi only, although that seems a bit pointless.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted User

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Huawei phones are usually large and cheap (even when unlocked).
If large size wasn't needed, Nexbit Robin is a very decent for $130 unlocked phone!

EDIT: I'd always recommend getting a phone with good developer support like Samsung and Nexus devices (though Nexus have generally worse hardware quality).
Prices aren't so great, though, even for older models.
If you find a good Nexus 7 2013 then take it!

Last edited by Super.Nova,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
If you find a good Nexus 7 2013 then take it!

Speaking of which, I have one of these. It's rooted, and runs really well. That's the best 'tablet that can be used as a phone' you will ever have (until a better, much cheaper one is made - which is extremely unlikely).

Also, Skype is a thing, and it can be run on some Android devices iirc (don't quote me on that; I just thought I saw it in the Play Store a while back, but I could be mistaken), so technically, in that case, there are more 'phablets' than you might think. :|

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Speaking of which, I have one of these. It's rooted, and runs really well. That's the best 'tablet that can be used as a phone' you will ever have (until a better, much cheaper one is made - which is extremely unlikely).

Also, Skype is a thing, and it can be run on some Android devices iirc (don't quote me on that; I just thought I saw it in the Play Store a while back, but I could be mistaken), so technically, in that case, there are more 'phablets' than you might think. :|
Did you ever try Hangouts?
My internet connection is usually crappy and Hangouts is the only app I can actually use for voice/video calls and it's free and usable on multiple devices at once.
I never got good quality calls on Skype,Viber, What'sApp, Tango, Line, or whatever else you could name.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever try Hangouts?
My internet connection is usually crappy and Hangouts is the only app I can actually use for voice/video calls and it's free and usable on multiple devices at once.
I never got good quality calls on Skype,Viber, What'sApp, Tango, Line, or whatever else you could name.

Can you call actual phone numbers with Hangouts? That was what I was referring to when I mentioned Skype.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a spare Nexus 2012 floating around. I think I have a CM version of kitkat on it atm. Another vote for an LG stylo 3. I actually use a 2 as my main phone. No frills, but nice enough for the $100 I got it for. I imagine you could pick up a Used LG Stylo 2 for pretty cheap. (The 2 and 3 both are nice, avoid the original LG Stylo as the stats were crap)

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Can you call actual phone numbers with Hangouts? That was what I was referring to when I mentioned Skype.
Oh, I though normal over-the-internet calls.
Google Voice does that but I never tried it.
I was told you could call US phones (landlines and mobile) for free with it but I never tried myself :unsure:

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I got myself an LG G3 (not the mini !)
And it is actually good one.
First : 32gb is totaly fine for me (It can have an SD :D)
quite big screen.
No lag for me ( compared to many many many other android I tried in my dev !)
support some custom rom ( not really tried there)
can be easly rooted to delete use less app !
it have NFC boyz ! (yes that app work.)

But, cause there is always a downside, many could think that actually great but it need to get used to enjoy it, Volumes buttons and power button, it is not in upper or sides.
That in back, yep back.
quite pricy if you want brand new one, I got mine at 80e but it was used, no charger but good condition on amazon and unlocked it for 10e.
A bit slow to boot. around 2 minutes.
You need to remove batteries to change SD card and/or sim card.
if need more details like how much space left after in deep cleaning or any other feel free to ask, it just for me that the best android I have found yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips