Gaming whats a great psp game thats not final fantasy?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
QUOTE said:
Both Chrono games great games, great ports for the most part. Use your imagination and you will thoroughly enjoy these games!
Every game you listed was either Playstation 1, or apparently you have confused with the DS because that was the one with a Chrono Trigger port--not the PSP.

ps1 games can be played on the psp with the inbuilt emulator. you either need a cfw to or play using the psn.

chrono trigger was ported to the ps1 as chrono cross.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No Chrono Trigger was ported to the PS1 as Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross is a totally different game and it's sequel, plus a PS1 exclusive. And it has an amazing OST.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Geez Just Play God damn Hexyz Force, and shut the hell up! SRPG's Are RPG's, there just Different, they are still RPG's Also who cares if its not a PSP exclusive all those PSX games that were mentioned are all good, atleast be thankful people want to help you and aren't just ignoring you for being such a small jaded minded prick. Get over yourself.
Hey the one being a complete prick is NOT the op. He's just in here making trouble. Apparently he has no taste in games whatsoever. My guess is he's a GTA addict tool. Ignore him
biggrin.gif

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with you Leamonde.Halcyon that guy is just being a jerk and plus if he knew how to read he would see i thanked everybody already
closedeyes.gif
and thanks to everybody im going with popolcrois and crimson gem saga.
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
ps1 games can be played on the psp with the inbuilt emulator. you either need a cfw to or play using the psn.

A) If a game is ported, it's not emulated.
B) I don't believe the PSX games for the PSP (like the PSN ones or PSX2PSP games) are emulated.

Just pointing that out.

QUOTE(Leamonde.Halcyon @ Jun 13 2010, 05:37 PM) Hey the one being a complete prick is NOT the op. He's just in here making trouble. Apparently he has no taste in games whatsoever. My guess is he's a GTA addict tool. Ignore him
biggrin.gif

...Because GTA is bad? Just saying that too.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Apparently dib doesn't like games...
It's a very easy challenge, and everybody seems very defensive for a group that is unable to simply name one good RPG--just one--for the PSP. Not Crystalis or the original Zelda with an emulator. Not Chrono Cross for the umpteenth time with popsloader. Not some ten-year-old game with a new box. I could easily list a dozen for the SNES off the top of my head. Half a dozen for the DS. Somewhere in between for the GBA or PS1. But asking for just one for the PSP seems to be overreaching.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
MFDC12 said:

A) If a game is ported, it's not emulated.
B) I don't believe the PSX games for the PSP (like the PSN ones or PSX2PSP games) are emulated.

Just pointing that out.
PSX games are emulated on the PSP via Popsloader, the Popsloader we use is a modified version to boot pirated games

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
PSX games are emulated on the PSP via Popsloader, the Popsloader we use is a modified version to boot pirated games

No.

PSX games are emulated on the PSP via Pops. Pops is identical in similar firmware versions i.e 5.00 OFW and 5.00M33-6 use the same Pops for emulation of PSX games. Popsloader is a CFW utility to boost compatibility by letting a PSP use the Pops from an earlier firmware version which may boast a slightly different compatibility.

And dib, you're creating criteria specific to YOU. Brave Story is a perfectly good example as is Jeanne D'Arc but you're creating arbitrary rules about what you think is acceptable.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Hey the one being a complete prick is NOT the op. He's just in here making trouble. Apparently he has no taste in games whatsoever. My guess is he's a GTA addict tool. Ignore him
biggrin.gif

...Because GTA is bad? Just saying that too.
I have nothing against GTA, only the legion of rabid "gamers" who think it's the only game in the world worth playing. The teenage or preteen posers and gangsters who actually do/want to do/pretend that they do that shit in real life. I think it's overrated, that's all. So again, nothing against the game series itself
smile.gif
I have just as much against rabid FF7 fans who act like it's the only RPG in the world worth playing. FF7 was a good game too and I enjoyed it, but it had it's flaws like every other game and it is not the Holy Grail of RPGs that it's legion of fanatics insist it is.
tongue.gif

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Totally agree with what Leamonde's saying.

Man, this topic's derailing. Sure, there haven't been too many amazing, groundbreaking RPGs for the PSP so far but there are some worth playing. Don't discard these completely. There are some pretty good ones that can keep you busy. There's P3P if you're willing to wait a while and the original Persona, too. Seriously, though, if OP wants an RPG to play, he should lower his standards just a teeeeeeeeny bit...

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib I rarely agree with and well you see how his attitude works, but damn it he is RIGHT.

SRPG is NOT an RPG. RPGs in the console classic sense are turn based RPGs where you have full control of your party and do whatever in battle. SRPG is a very over glorified version of digital chess where other than moving the pieces 'the strategy' you have to rely on what the AI wants to do for the move in many cases, or there are those like advance wars where it's turn based grid and you pick the move too. They're really not the same, play very little alike too. I'm pretty accepting of many RPGs but short of the original advance wars and nectaris tg16 I can't f'ing stand SRPGs (TRPGs too) as they truly piss me off taking away my full control of the situation and leaving you often hung out to dry at the mercy of an often cheating AI enemy. They're more stomaching when you can work that style against a person.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Vincent Valentine said:
Geez Just Play God damn Hexyz Force, and shut the hell up! SRPG's Are RPG's, there just Different, they are still RPG's Also who cares if its not a PSP exclusive all those PSX games that were mentioned are all good, atleast be thankful people want to help you and aren't just ignoring you for being such a small jaded minded prick. Get over yourself.
I must apologize for my post last night, i hadnt had much sleep and i was tired and grouchy, also i didnt read as much as i should have an only picked up on small things.

QUOTE(Leamonde.Halcyon @ Jun 14 2010, 02:37 AM) Hey the one being a complete prick is NOT the op. He's just in here making trouble. Apparently he has no taste in games whatsoever. My guess is he's a GTA addict tool. Ignore him
biggrin.gif
Your guess is completely inaccurate, im not a GTA player, i cant stand GTA, i dont see the point of it, whats so much fun about stealing cars and shooting people. i dont get it. I play alot of RPG games (Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy etc). As for a good RPG, Hexys Force isnt bad, neither is God Eater or phantasy Star, Tales of the world Radiant Mythology and eternia are also good for the PSP.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
biggrin.gif
Your guess is completely inaccurate, im not a GTA player, i cant stand GTA, i dont see the point of it, whats so much fun about stealing cars and shooting people. i dont get it. I play alot of RPG games (Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy etc). As for a good RPG, Hexys Force isnt bad, neither is God Eater or phantasy Star, Tales of the world Radiant Mythology and eternia are also good for the PSP.

I was referring to dib there not you with the GTA crack
smile.gif

Hexyz Force is pretty good, but I'll be the first to admit I'm a drooling Atlus fangirl so I;m a bit biased on their products that might not appeal to others. I like their niche games a LOT. Tales of the World is pretty decent and Eternia is a great port. God Eater is Japanese only currently, but should be out soon in english I believe...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
dib I rarely agree with and well you see how his attitude works, but damn it he is RIGHT.

SRPG is NOT an RPG. RPGs in the console classic sense are turn based RPGs where you have full control of your party and do whatever in battle. SRPG is a very over glorified version of digital chess where other than moving the pieces 'the strategy' you have to rely on what the AI wants to do for the move in many cases, or there are those like advance wars where it's turn based grid and you pick the move too.

So for example Radiata Stories isn't an RPG? Right................
blink.gif

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uhh...As long as we are all being technical here, i might as well lay a few infos myself. RPG means Role Playing Game. So it's a game in which you primarily take on the role of a single or multiple Playable Characters or PCs. Coming from this definition alone, we can say that FF games are RPGs, Disgaea games are RPGs and even Metal Gear Solid games are RPGs.

I think through the years we have mistakenly incorporated RPG with what should have been known as Japanese-Style RPGs or JRPGs as some might call it.

On Topic: I can't really say that the PSP had good titles that you may classify with the modern RPG/JRPGs. But I am waiting for the US/EU release of P3P. I'm just a little dissapointed that they took away the anime cutscenes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok im gonna make my own asset