What phone do you own?

D

Deleted-185407

First smartphone was a HTC Wildfire which I won on a competition. Still have it and sometimes use it every now and then depending if I have time to charge my other phones or not. It's an absolute back-up phone more than anything else really. Last I checked I have ICS running on it for the laugh.

My personal phone is an Xperia Play which I got last year when they were all being discounted. Was far too hard to resist a fairly high spec phone for €160 prepaid. Was going from shop to shop last year looking for a phone as a gift for my dad, and each shop I went to, it kept getting cheaper and cheaper. Just gave in to temptation when I saw my carrier selling it the cheapest. Of course I like to play games on it and it's awesome playing Crash Team Racing on the go. I got the bootloader unlocked for free through a competition just incase I want to upgrade it to Jelly Bean, but it looks like it'll be a while still before there's any decent stable JB roms.

My work phone (but I use it for personal use as well because it's light and sturdy and everything is paid for) is the Xperia U. The battery life is incredible on it, I can literally have it on for days without any charge. Friend of mine in work had his on for two weeks before needing to charge it his again. Currently got ICS on it, and I don't want to unlock the bootloader cause it's technically not mine. I'm often bringing the Xperia U out with me over the Xperia Play though whenever I go out anywhere for the night.

Friend of mine though has a ridiculous amount of phones, most of which he got for free because he gets them off competitions and developer programmes. He's constantly switching from being a fanboy of one company to being a fanboy of another company. First he praised Apple for a while and had an iPhone and Macbook. Then he sold the iPhone and went back to Android. Throughout that period he's been winning phones like the Europa and a couple of other small crappy phones. Then he eventually got a free HP Palm Pre 2 from HP for being a developer, then got a Samsung Galaxy S2, then got 2 free Nokia Lumia 800s (they accidentally sent him a second one in the developer program), then went back to the S2, then was tempted to get an iPhone 5, but then Google came out with the Nexus 7. At the moment, I believe he's received the new Nokia Lumia for free for reviewing, and I think he just bought the Nexus 4 recently.

AudibleAdvent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XPeria Arc - Rooted and running Cyanogenmod 10 (Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean) - Overclocked to 1.5Ghz
Sony-Xperia-Arc-1.jpg

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now if I was to post all the phones I've had over the years I'd be here till next Xmas so ill mention my 1st and last 3

My true first phone was a Philips Savvy C12 on what was known then as BT Cellnet (now O2) it was not great but it got the job done with its 2 line of text monochrome display and tiny graphic to the left.

Now on to my last 3

3. HP iPAQ rw6815 - Windows Mobile 5, 416MHz Xscale, 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
2. iPhone 3GS - iOS 6.0.1, 600MHz Cortex A8, 256MB RAM,16GB Storage
1. iPhone 4 - iOS 6.0.1, 1GHz Cortex A8, 512MB RAM, 16GB Storage

I still use my 3GS like an iPod touch and my iPhone 4 is my current phone, amusingly both was given to me for free with very minor faults (3GS needed its antenna/dock connector reconnected the 4 needs a new back)

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well,
my first phone was a
Samsung SGH-L700(used to run a java based custom os)
images

then-
a Nokia N900(REALLY MISS THIS MOB!!:cry:)(used to run MAEMO5^Android {Dual boot})
600mhx ARM CORTEX A8
256mb ram,32gb emmc
powervr sgx530
300px-Nokia_N900.JPG

then-
a Nokia C5-00(Used to run sbian s60^3 fp3+)
ARM 11 600mhz but an app(xplore) showed only 192mhz)
nokia-c5.jpg

and...
now,
a HTC PICO aka EXPLORER(running jb 4.1.2)
ARM CORTEX A5, Adreno 200
512mb ram
came with gb(2.3.5) but i modded it to run 4.1)
htc-explorer-ofic.jpg

Well, that's my story

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My phones, were, in order:
- A siemens C33, an old monochrome phone handed down to me when I was 11.
- An Alcatel, I don't remember its' type. It was color, and even had a camera (160x160px resolution rulez :lol:), for my 13th birthday
- A Sony Ericsson walkman mobile (C600 I think). Not too fancy, but it still works (actually all of these phones on the list function even today!)
- A Nokia X6-00. Somewhat of a pseudo-smartphone, but I hated the Symbian OS, since almost no apps were released for it.
- My current phone, a Samsung Galaxy S Advance. The power of S2, for the price of S1 :lol:. Very awesome.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Palm Treo 270, Treo 650, Treo750 and Pre (it sucked), and currently HTC Evo 4G. I've been able to do emulation on the Treo 650/750 but never cared to with the Pre. Also I've done CPS1/2 emulation with my HTC Evo 4G.

Deleted member 329676

All sweet & honeycomb
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just switched from an iPhone 3GS that I had for over 3 years, to an LG Optimus G (AT&T).

In the past I've had Palm Treo 650, a T-Mobile Sidekick II, a basic Samsung flip phone, and the Nokia bricks that everyone had back in the day.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nokia 2720. Very basic cellphone that is enough for me.

Maybe one day when data plan is no longer mandatory that I will switch to smartphone.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
env-touch.jpg

Phone I have now...

glitchy fucking piece of shit
mad.gif

I was so happy when I bought that phone but it turned out to be a piece of crap. I kept logging online accidentally and would get charged 10 dollars a month for nothing. It was difficult to scroll using the touch screen because it would just wig out. The resident evil demo was lacking. The mp3 player was okay though once i stopped using the program that they recommended using to put music on.
Anyways I feel you buddy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay