What Modchip is this?

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A shop around me is selling this modchip for OLED Nintendo. He says this is Picofly however all installation videos I’ve seen on YouTube show this similar to Instinct V6 and picofly tiny or zerois lot different. Is this some version of picofly I am missing out on? Also does the same 2.73 firmware work on this one?

Attachments

• 6a1a5b72-711a-4d0e-b6cf-a0a72d6fc648.jpeg
    6a1a5b72-711a-4d0e-b6cf-a0a72d6fc648.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 11

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well looking at the CPU on the board this is a PicoFly. Whoever produced this probably also made Instinct chips and wanted to re-use as much their existing board design as possible. The sams thing has happened with PicoFlys that look like HWFly chips too.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well looking at the CPU on the board this is a PicoFly. Whoever produced this probably also made Instinct chips and wanted to re-use as much their existing board design as possible. The sams thing has happened with PicoFlys that look like HWFly chips too.
Makes sense. Thank you. Does this look like will work on OLED model?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A shop around me is selling this modchip for OLED Nintendo. He says this is Picofly however all installation videos I’ve seen on YouTube show this similar to Instinct V6 and picofly tiny or zerois lot different. Is this some version of picofly I am missing out on? Also does the same 2.73 firmware work on this one?
That is an HWFLY RP2040 chip, looks to be for the OLED models.

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@EnterpriseFreak your thoughts on this?
Post automatically merged:

Edit : replied on the wrong comment. I am still u sure about this as the seller says its a Picofly

Those 2 cable and dat0 adapter is exactly made for OLED model
stupid oversight. Ofcourse the Dat0 is for OLED. Thanks so much

Also, how do you flash this thing in case it has an outdated firmware?

Last edited by Noonbaster3358,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, how do you flash this thing in case it has an outdated firmware?
You plug the usb c part into the board with the chip (make sure you plug it in the correct way or it could fry the chip) then hook it to your PC while holding down the button on the board which then will open up the folder for the chip on your PC. You then just drag and drop the firmware into the folder and it should unmount itself after.

I am not sure on which button you push on this model

Noonbaster3358

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You plug the usb c part into the board with the chip (make sure you plug it in the correct way or it could fry the chip) then hook it to your PC while holding down the button on the board which then will open up the folder for the chip on your PC. You then just drag and drop the firmware into the folder and it should unmount itself after.

Exactly my doubt and point. I cant find a button on this model and am wondering if there even exists one or you short 2 points and reset it. I am aware that putting the firmware via USB C will give me a green LED light and eject the chip from my PC and holding the button for 5 secs will flash it and open the root directory of the chip but if this is even a legit model that allows this is my bigger question.

Finding it very weird that none on this community has actually come across this model.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

There should be a 4-pin connector on the chip. Plug one end of the USB-C cable into the USB board, then, plug the USB board into the connector on the modchip, ensuring that the port is facing the correct way with the UP label pointing forwards. Hold down the 'BOOT' button as you connect the cable up to your PC; a new drive will be shown, which is where you would copy the Picofly firmware onto.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)