Hardware What is the status of the WiiGun?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen pictures of possible Wii Gun attachments but have not seen anything concrete. Does anyone know if an official Wii Gun attachment has been released? If so, do you have a link?

nycwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have also een a variety of wii "blasters" and "zappers" out on the market. if you wante some links just lemme kno i will look 4 u.

other wise, the most impressive out of all of them is the w14 light gun from piranna accessories. It is the exact replica of a hanggun, and is perfect for RE4
too bad theres no way to get it yet
cry.gif
lol

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Our good friends at Ledshoppe seem to be selling two versions of a Wii light gun, one for $15 and one for $16. The $15 looks like the better one to me... (these are both the $15)

PICT1521.JPG

PICT1518.JPG

I ordered one among other things, just for kicks. It was shipped on the 3rd of July, not received yet but it usually takes 7-10 days to the UK.

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me know how it is when you receive it, Little!

P.S. I would really like to get a gun with an analog stick in the back so that I can play certain games with one hand (Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles comes to mind). Then again this may be extremely difficult to control...

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things.

The fact they have no analog built into the controller makes RE:4 unplayable(-tear-).

Umbrella chronicles is said to be house of the dead style, you control no movement and just point and shoot the whole game as you're auto-controlled.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine the other day, It is really cool for games like resident evil and such, I dont have the one that looks like those pictures.
This is how mine looks: WiiGun
There is an anolog stick on it so no need for the nunchuck; although it would be easier if you were able to attach it to the bottom of the gun(Oh Well).
I advise this to people who enjoyed using the gun accessory available for the SNES. Good times playing Duck hunt

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine the other day, It is really cool for games like resident evil and such, I dont have the one that looks like those pictures.
This is how mine looks: WiiGun
There is an anolog stick on it so no need for the nunchuck; although it would be easier if you were able to attach it to the bottom of the gun(Oh Well).
I advise this to people who enjoyed using the gun accessory available for the SNES. Good times playing Duck hunt
I didn't know they released that...

So, how is aiming and using the analog at the same time? Tricky?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umbrella chronicles is said to be house of the dead style, you control no movement and just point and shoot the whole game as you're auto-controlled.

Source: IGN.com

"'A button' picks up items and chooses paths (occasionally, you can select to go in one direction or another), and 'B button' is your trigger. Press it and you'll shoot -- that simple. But you can use nunchuk's analog stick to look around the game world -- left, right, up and down -- as you glide on-rails through the areas. You'll want to do this because it's how you find the hidden items such as guns, ammo and health that are strewn about the levels."

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aiming and using The analog is a bit tricky but you catch on to it

Edit: Woah for the Light gun, there is a wii nunchuck attachment:
VWIOT002200_07_L.jpg

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got my light gun today... brand is "pega". The nunchuck gets plugged into the bottom. Just as shown in awdofgum's picture. The trigger button pulls on a little bit of plastic that is where the B button will be when the wiimote is in =) All in all looks good so far! unfortunately I've got work now
sleep.gif
; Trust the post man to give me a fun new toy when I've got to go to work!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the new official "Wii Zapper" retails for $19.99

And if I heard Nintendo properly, I'm pretty sure they said that included software also.
smile.gif

I thought they said it would be bundled in with some games but also sold separately for that price. But you could be right, I was focused on the gun a little more than what they were saying. Here's hoping it comes with perhaps some little treats.

QUOTE(GamerGuyDude @ Jul 11 2007, 04:03 PM)I was really hoping for a one-handed solution...

Who says you can't hold it with one hand?

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was really hoping for a one-handed solution...

Who says you can't hold it with one hand?

Well yes you can hold it with one hand, but I mean hold and OPERATE with one hand.

Ok, so this is sort of what I have invisioned for the button layout. It's a one-handed gun that should do everything the WiiRemote / Nunchuck combo can do. They could even add a gyrometer / accelerometer in the handle if they find it necessary. They should also make the analog stick have a "on-press" button like the PS3's 'L3' and 'R3' analog sticks. This button could act as the Z button.

My prototype:
prozapperjk7.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-