What is error 2168 ("DataAbort"), and why does it happen why I try to load a font and use it with libnx

noneuclideanmotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not really sure what the error is, switchbrew doesn't give much detail other than that one word. My guess is that it's failing to load the data-but I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm using the default makefile, and I'm loading the "default_font.bin" from libnx.

Here is the relevant code:

```
PrintConsole temp = {
//Font:
{
default_font_bin, //font gfx
0, //first ascii character in the set
256, //number of characters in the font set
16, //tile width
16, //tile height
},
NULL, //renderer
0,0, //cursorX cursorY
0,0, //prevcursorX prevcursorY
80, //console width
45, //console height
0, //window x
0, //window y
80, //window width
45, //window height
3, //tab size
0, // foreground color
7, // background color
0, // flags
false //console initialized
};
return temp;
```

as you see it is quite literally exactly the same as the default print console. I then try to use it like this with a copy of the return value of the function above (stored nice and safely in a class)

(example, not my actual code but essentially what it is. I have my reason for making a pointer as a variable and then passing it in).
pointer = *temp;
initConsole(pointer);

So my guess is either I've made some fundemental error with pointers like we all do sometimes (I'm a bit out of practice, I so rarely need to use them), or I don't know how to use the data folder with the makefile. Based on the code for libnx itself it seems I just need to drop the font (in this case default_font.bin) into the data folder and then #include "default_font_bin.h" in the program right? Not going to lie I have no idea how that is supposed to work, but it looks like what the library itself did.

edit: the asnwer was I'm an idiot, I had debug prints before I had initialised the console. duh.

Last edited by noneuclideanmotion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok