What happens when you release Super Metroid on WiiU?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pff-- Metroid? Heroes of Might and Magic is where it's at.

YLuTTQH.gif

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The question is why doesn't she crawl when she doesn't have the morph ball? The finale of Metroid Zero Mission proves that she can. :P
Well she only did crawl in the Zero Suit, didn't she? Her normal Armor is probably to bulky to crawl in it. And who'd want to, using the Maru-Mari/Morph Ball is way cooler then mundane crawling.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I was 5 or 6 (kindegarten) I asked my junior highschool cousins if we could play Ocarina of Time. (I having never played it before, was excited beyond belief.) They said "Sure! But we have no idea where to go."
We loaded it up and they were in Kokiri forest. We wandered around a bit (They hadn't even gotten the sword or shield.) And they said "See? We have no idea!" I then proceeded to say: "Can you crawl through that hole?"
REVELATION!!

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember when I was 5 or 6 (kindegarten) I asked my junior highschool cousins if we could play Ocarina of Time. (I having never played it before, was excited beyond belief.) They said "Sure! But we have no idea where to go."
We loaded it up and they were in Kokiri forest. We wandered around a bit (They hadn't even gotten the sword or shield.) And they said "See? We have no idea!" I then proceeded to say: "Can you crawl through that hole?"
REVELATION!!
I always feel old when somebody tells stories where N64 or PS1 or even newer stuff was the first console they played or were recent before they got into elementary school.
I was 16 when Ocarina of Time came out. Although I only played it about 10 years later because I had no money to buy a N64 and did not really want to for the 5 or so good games.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always feel old when somebody tells stories where N64 or PS1 or even newer stuff was the first console they played or were recent before they got into elementary school.
I was 16 when Ocarina of Time came out. Although I only played it about 10 years later because I had no money to buy a N64 and did not really want to for the 5 or so good games.

I feel old when I hear stories of kids telling me the NDS lite/DSi was their first handheld. FIRST HANDHELD?! My first handheld was the gameboy color!!!

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel old when I hear stories of kids telling me the NDS lite/DSi was their first handheld. FIRST HANDHELD?! My first handheld was the gameboy color!!!
Oh god there are people now that can use the Internet doing this?
My first handheld with changeable games was a original Game Boy, back when it came with Tetris and there was only one colour available.
I had 3 or 4 LCD games before, but I am not sure if they really count.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt super metroid tell you how to use the items when you get them (not a detailed tutorial, but good enough), so even if your a complete metroid noob, you should still know how to push down to use morph ball and how to use bombs, not sure if it tells you that missiles can open red doors, I forget, unless they just didnt read the message that pops up when you get a new weapon or too busy humming the music it plays

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
doesnt super metroid tell you how to use the items when you get them (not a detailed tutorial, but good enough), so even if your a complete metroid noob, you should still know how to push down to use morph ball and how to use bombs, not sure if it tells you that missiles can open red doors, I forget, unless they just didnt read the message that pops up when you get a new weapon or too busy humming the music it plays
I'm not sure if Super Metroid did tell you what an item does, I think it did only tell the name and most items were described in the manual.
But because I looked it up over the weekend I am sure the game itself does not tell you about the red doors, but the manual does. The table of contents even lists a whole (1 page) chapter about opening doors.

Reactions: Rydian

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then there's me...

miiverse.png

Yeah, I remember when I could 100% in under 3:30. Gotta get back up to that...

Another thing that bugs me is that people forget these games have manuals in the home menu. Always worth reading if you haven't played something in years. Always worth reading, period, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay