Hardware What do yo think Sony's solution to the 3DS will be?

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony says real gamers, then they steal the ideas, so that "REAL GAMERS" can use the very same concepts ie. i love touch screens and im a real gamer, but according to sony i shouldn't be.

EDIT: and looking back at those quotes of sony's, does anyone think that they overused the word 'gimmick'? cuz if they say 'gimmick' at everything of nintendo's then everything that comes out of their butthole should be 'gimmicks' if they're the same thing.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
Sony says real gamers, then they steal the ideas, so that "REAL GAMERS" can use the very same concepts ie. i love touch screens and im a real gamer, but according to sony i shouldn't be.

EDIT: and looking back at those quotes of sony's, does anyone think that they overused the word 'gimmick'? cuz if they say 'gimmick' at everything of nintendo's then everything that comes out of their butthole should be 'gimmicks' if they're the same thing.
yeah sony do seem to have to tendency to overuse the word gimmick......

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's funny how because of these types of company rivalries that technology will advance even quicker than what we expect.
Right now Sony is probably reluctant on bringing out their top plan, so as to keep their trump card safe. Hell, they probably got the technology for PS3 graphics on a portable console by now.
I'm also quite sure that if Nintendo is bringing out 3D without glasses, they already have the technology for something like a form of virtual reality.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since nobody's mentioned it, I'll point out that Sony Ericsson is working on a PlayStation-branded mobile phone, so it's likely they'll attempt to take on both the 3DS and iOS market at once in the near future, and use that time to stall while creating something that'll actually sell.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am vaguely intrigued by the prospect of the sony ericson PlayStation-branded mobile phone....it seems slightly of promising

What about the prospect of a gaming tablet to combat the I-pad as well? I have always pondered about this.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ITT: people who write " i not nitedo fabnoi but sony sux and nintedno rulz lololo"

I have both a DS lite, and a (well, 2) PSP. I play the psp.

Nothing that has come out recently on the DS has kept my interest for more than 1 evening.

I have like 5 games that came out in the last few months that I am either playing or waiting on until I beat something else.

Personally, I think the 3D on the 3DS is going to be just a quirk that, A.) dishes out headaches like candy at a parade, and B.) don't you have to hold it like a foot from your face for the 3D to even work?

The new iphone has more processing power than the 3DS is supposed to have.

3DS is sposed to have 64mb of ram, the psp2000 already has this.

If the PSP2 has around a 1.2ghz processor, 24-32gb storage, perhaps a slightly larger, higher DPI screen, and 2 analog nubs, I won't give the 3DS a second thought. I just hope that they go more along the lines of the original PSP, and forget the baby PSPgo thing.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
themuddaload said:
ITT: people who write " i not nitedo fabnoi but sony sux and nintedno rulz lololo"

I have both a DS lite, and a (well, 2) PSP. I play the psp.

Nothing that has come out recently on the DS has kept my interest for more than 1 evening.

I have like 5 games that came out in the last few months that I am either playing or waiting on until I beat something else.

Personally, I think the 3D on the 3DS is going to be just a quirk that, A.) dishes out headaches like candy at a parade, and B.) don't you have to hold it like a foot from your face for the 3D to even work?

If the PSP2 has around a 1.2ghz processor, 24-32gb storage, perhaps a slightly larger, higher DPI screen, and 2 analog nubs, I won't give the 3DS a second thought. I just hope that they go more along the lines of the original PSP, and forget the baby PSPgo thing.
Here's some food for thought: that's what the SLIDE PAD on the 3DS is for fixing, maybe not the headaches bit, but definitely the "holding it a foot from your face for the 3D to work" part. That way you can look at it from different angles to fit your gameplay style...

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
themuddaload said:

Oh shit, suddenly iphone is now a handheld console, when did this happen?

*EDIT*
The NGP will probably be good at the start, but sony will stuff it up with useless or bugged up features, and heck i hope they are not stupid enough to release NGP2GO,
otherwise they would be better off making sony ericson phones.....

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
themuddaload said:

1. You have a poor attention span
2. Completely untrue. You haven't even tried one.
3. The 3DS has 128MB of RAM matching DDR3 performance.

Geez, if you're going to be a total fanboy, at least do it right. You look like a total moron spouting lies like this. And on GBAtemp no less.

Edit: It seems sonicsmash2 did some necromancy, and made this thread look like a current discussion. I appologise for contributing. Close or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither