What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Highly recommend Aria of Sorrow rather than Dawn.
The art style in Aria holds its gothic scenery while Dawn goes for an anime-style, which I highly dislike for Castlevania games because the gothic art is far more beautiful and detailed than anime in everyway.

Aria adds a lot of things to the series and is quite addicting actually, completed it with all souls, reached level 99 and 100% completion.
Definetely the best Castlevania game in the GBA by a mile.

If you are going to get a Castlevania game for the DS, I recommend Order of Ecclesia instead.
Just my opinion though, hope you find it useful. :)
Like the first half of Ecclesia is linear though. Dawn of Sorrow is much better imo.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Highly recommend Aria of Sorrow rather than Dawn.
The art style in Aria holds its gothic scenery while Dawn goes for an anime-style, which I highly dislike for Castlevania games because the gothic art is far more beautiful and detailed than anime in everyway.

Aria adds a lot of things to the series and is quite addicting actually, completed it with all souls, reached level 99 and 100% completion.
Definetely the best Castlevania game in the GBA by a mile.

If you are going to get a Castlevania game for the DS, I recommend Order of Ecclesia instead.
Just my opinion though, hope you find it useful. :)

Like I said, I already have Dawn of Sorrow. I'm going to play Aria of Sorrow first, but I need it to get here first. It should arrive in the mail today. :D

I played Portrait of Ruin, which had the anime visuals, and eh... it just looks awful. Especially Brauner and Death. There's nothing terrifying about the game's art direction. It's a shame that Dawn of Sorrow is the same. Oh well.

I'm actually saving Order of Ecclesia for last, since I've heard so many good things about it.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Taking a break from the final run of Eternal Darkness (doing that tomorrow), the last chapters are SOOOO tedious.

Recently I beat Zanac for the NES, Mega Man, Mega Man 2 (both on Normal and Difficult), and Castlevania :)

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What was the furthest you got before dying and having to restart?
Bongo Bongo. And in all honesty, that death wasn't completely my fault. I had to rewire my controller because it didn't function correctly during the fight. (I'm using an old Xbox Controller that's in a pretty bad condition, and the buttons stopped working mid-fight :S )
Edit:
The five tries were:
-Stalchildren in Hyrule Field (I was an idiot,and forgot to pause my game before walking off :D )
-Stalfos in the Forest Temple (Those things deal two hearts damage per jump slash, and there were two of them)
-Morpha (This death genuinely made me angry with myself, because I had never lost more than three quarters of a heart to him before)
-Spirit Temple (Which I tend to do before the Shadow Temple)(I was careless, and fell of a high ledge with only half a heart left, knowing what was going to happen when I hit the ground was rather painful :P )
-Bongo Bongo

Unfortunately a three heart run also means no fairies, or it would've been much easier ;) .

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, I already have Dawn of Sorrow. I'm going to play Aria of Sorrow first, but I need it to get here first. It should arrive in the mail today. :D

I played Portrait of Ruin, which had the anime visuals, and eh... it just looks awful. Especially Brauner and Death. There's nothing terrifying about the game's art direction. It's a shame that Dawn of Sorrow is the same. Oh well.

I'm actually saving Order of Ecclesia for last, since I've heard so many good things about it.
If I had to rank the DS entries:
Dawn of Sorrow > Portrait of Ruin > Order of Ecclesia

I feel Order of Ecclesia deviates too far while still trying to maintain the metroidvania style. I found it too easy, and considering I actually spent money buying it, I was terribly disappointed in my decision. Dawn of Sorrow probably has the best gameplay and map of the lot, while Portrait of Ruin isn't spectacular and is slow to get going, but is ultimately a good followup. Order of Ecclesia is just, I dunno, blah. Maybe people liked it more because it isn't very hard and had an easier time overlooking the other shortfalls because of it.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If I had to rank the DS entries:
Dawn of Sorrow > Portrait of Ruin > Order of Ecclesia

I feel Order of Ecclesia deviates too far while still trying to maintain the metroidvania style. I found it too easy, and considering I actually spent money buying it, I was terribly disappointed in my decision. Dawn of Sorrow probably has the best gameplay and map of the lot, while Portrait of Ruin isn't spectacular and is slow to get going, but is ultimately a good followup. Order of Ecclesia is just, I dunno, blah. Maybe people liked it more because it isn't very hard and had an easier time overlooking the other shortfalls because of it.

That's interesting. Most of the reviews I read said that Order of Ecclesia was "a return to difficult Castlevania."

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I played quite some mobile games the past week (been on vacation). And while there was a 3DS XL someone brought (with that NSMB game with all the coins), I have to admit I had more fun with these little (and free) android gems:
-Power flow (up to 8x8, though it's not that hard once you get the knack on things)
-Move (completed every free level perfectly)
-Piano tiles (hard to tell, but 2-finger piano is fun :P )
-Flow free & dots circuit (sort of the same game...not that hard, but LOTS of levels)
-Linky dots (I know this as a brain breaker. It's fun, but the levels could be more challenging :) )
-water logic (remember that gallon riddle in Die hard with a vengeance? This is that game. And damn, do I suck at it)

On the PC, I started playing saints row 2. I can see why everyone thinks it's fun (it is), but no matter what I do, those controls are FREAKING TERRIBLE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a good one at the bar last night, made me think for sec. - "If you are cold, go stand in...