Hacking What clone is my card?

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I have a flashcard called 3dstt from www.n3dstt.com. It runs on my dsi xl (with version 1.42) and 3ds (with version 2.1.0-4U).

Some of the menu files and folers are:
_DS_MENU.DAT
__rpg (inside this folder I have cheats, fonts, icons, language, ui folders and globalsettings.ini, lastsave.ini and r4idsn_sd.dldi files)

The help on the card itself says the following:
wood akmenu 1.25 hw:44 font 202k size ed4000

Now is this an acekard clone or a r4i clone or a dstt clone. (I am pretty sure it's not the dstt as it does not use the ttmenu folder/files.)

the reason I ask is that (no surprise) the site has not provided any updates to their menu and I wanted to look for an alternate menu which I can't do if I do not know what kind of card it is...

Also, if you can point me to an alternate menu that I could use that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sylvie

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Believe your mistaken I too thought my R4 was a AceKard Clone BUT it's the _DS_MENU.DAT that is the _DS_MENU.DAT of the acekard hope this helps

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the structure for wood r4 files. It has nothing to do with acekard, except that both akaio and wood are made from the same source code. Being a clone of a certain cart doesn't necessarily mean that it can use the native files, which the clone is derived from. Most clones use altered versions of firmwares, meaning that you can only use the ones provided on the website.

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot to mention the game icon that shows is the spongebob atlantis squarepantis thq.

Shoot that's not good news. Is there harm in trying alternate menus?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention the game icon that shows is the spongebob atlantis squarepantis thq.

Shoot that's not good news. Is there harm in trying alternate menus?
No risk at all, but it'll take time to find a working alternative (if any, to begin with). The only suggestion I can give is to look over RetroGameFan's Updates (dstt's unofficial firmware, which also works on many clones) and look for your clone in the "Known Other Cards which use DSTT Firmware" spoiler.

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I probably did the most stupidest thing ever... I went to the acekard site and downloaded the latest formware AKAIO 1.8.8 and tried it on this card! Well it almost worked it loaded all the way to the manu but then it said that this was not an orginal acekard and would no let me run anything... thankfully when I placed the firmware from the site that is my card it worked...

I'm not too sure why I even tried that except that I had a relapse... I will try the retrogamefan's updated and see what I can come up with there...
thanks.
Sylvie

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well this is just awful :-(
I tried one of the menus on the retrogamefan's and now my card wont even recognize when I insert it in my ds... aaaaaargh.... I wanted to find a new menu option so that I could play 1 game and now I can't play any game.
I thought that the menu's would not mess up my card?!
Any help with this would be appreciated...
My card is from the site n3dstt.com and it's called 3dstt and used to work until I applied retrogamefan's R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and followed the how to install... which was keep original menu and copy the files listed and then launch the ttmenu.nds. My card loaded as per usual and then I launched the ttmenu.nds and then it was at the white screen forever and then I restarted thinking nope not going to work. then I deleted the files/folders I just copied and placed it back in and nothing. no more spongebob... Is there anything I can do?
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
Sylvie
damn you kirby... I should have just went out and bought you or have been satisfied playing you on the dsixl...

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
well this is just awful :-(
I tried one of the menus on the retrogamefan's and now my card wont even recognize when I insert it in my ds... aaaaaargh.... I wanted to find a new menu option so that I could play 1 game and now I can't play any game.
I thought that the menu's would not mess up my card?!
Any help with this would be appreciated...
My card is from the site n3dstt.com and it's called 3dstt and used to work until I applied retrogamefan's R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu and followed the how to install... which was keep original menu and copy the files listed and then launch the ttmenu.nds. My card loaded as per usual and then I launched the ttmenu.nds and then it was at the white screen forever and then I restarted thinking nope not going to work. then I deleted the files/folders I just copied and placed it back in and nothing. no more spongebob... Is there anything I can do?
Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
Sylvie
damn you kirby... I should have just went out and bought you or have been satisfied playing you on the dsixl...
Have you tried the latest version of Wood? Also give the r4ids.cn version of Wood a try.

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that is going to help as Ican't get the ds to even see the card. I used to be able to put the card in (even without the microsd) and the spongebob icon would appear. now it doesn't recognize the card at all it's blank like there isn't a card in it at all...

what could have happened to it...

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that is going to help as Ican't get the ds to even see the card. I used to be able to put the card in (even without the microsd) and the spongebob icon would appear. now it doesn't recognize the card at all it's blank like there isn't a card in it at all...

what could have happened to it...

I don't know what happened but Just get another card that's all I can say sorry...

sylviebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried updating my card's firmware by using a working card to start the process but it is stuck at the erasing 0% and does not budge from there... so I'm foo-barred.

I am going to wait for the 3ds 2.2 update and see which cards have a working fix and then i'll decide which card to buy...

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Sylviebi, you might find this chart and the website it comes from to be very helpful in choosing a flash card. Maybe it will even help you try different firmwares with a better understanding of clones and flash cards that have official firmware and an official kernel. Go Here :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO