what can a jailbroken ps3 do besides piracy?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DarkRioru, Oct 17, 2017.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Dream Beeeeeaaaammmm!!!

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    I ask the question of what can I do with a jailbroken ps3 besides loading backups and loading pirated games?

can I run steam os like on the ps4 linux loader?

is there more homebrew variety like the wii and 3ds/n3ds? (the only devices I have jailbroken) http://store.brewology.com/homebrew.php?category=Dev the homebrew games/emulators are very limited considering this is more powerful than an original nintendo wii I expected something like gamecube emulation but, a guy can dream right? (yes I know my wii can emulate gamecube natively but, running ngc on ps3 would be awesome for my cousin so he can relive the old days when we were to play tony hawks underground...

can I use a mod menu in gta v on ps3 like you can on 360? one of my family members has buddies who are modders on 360 and I'm just wondering out of curiousity if its possible to have a mod menu in gta v on ps3?

is there any sort of way I can legitimately buy scott pilgrim vs the world the game? I have been searching the internet for a way to buy this awesome game and sure, I could probabily pirate it since its very rare to find a code but, a cult classic of the ps3 era deserves my money for the devs dedication to this game... I just need this game to find my dream game which I think this is it... a brawler with a slice of life, funny and relatable characters, tons of pop culture and video game references ooohhhh it gets me hyped just thinking about it...

2. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Rebug CFW options: https://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-2-cobra-7-5-toolbox-2-02-12-jan-10th-2017/

emulation: http://retroarch.com/index.php?page=platforms

Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2): Enable Cobra and webman in Rebug Toolbox. Install the latest toolbox from Package Manager. Put the PS2 ISO in PS2ISO folder, and launch with webman. (non-BC PS3= set to Cobra in Rebug Toolbox.)

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game: http://delistedgames.com/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-download-codes-drying-up/

CFW GTA V mod menu

Last edited by zfreeman, Oct 17, 2017
    ov3rkill likes this.
  3. FatherFingLing

FatherFingLing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    Canada
    Toronto
    You can dual boot official firmware and custom firmware on a modded PS3 and boot Linux

4. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    does that also involve steam os?? if so can it run pc crysis? (i know it can run the ps3 optimized version of crysis but, I want to know if it can run crysis on linux with mid to high settings for science)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

copywrited music in tutorial... how is this youtuber still making videos without a copywrite claim or strikes??

5. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
  6. DarkRioru
    OP

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
  7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Are you serious? Why didn't I know about that before I got banned? :cry:

DarkRioru likes this.
  8. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Basically.

DarkRioru likes this.
  9. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    Unfortunately no.
    Crysis is not available for Linux and if it was, I don't think the PC version would run on the PS3 either way due to a variety of factors. Like the PS3 being under-powered (compared to what is necessary in a PC to run Crysis) and the different architecture.

DarkRioru likes this.
  10. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    how well does steam run on ps4 anyway? also is it released to the public.

The last time I saw steam, I only saw bastion running on it. I do not know how well it can run other games.

11. testkoo

testkoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    Edit: Moved to new thread

Last edited by testkoo, Nov 27, 2017