Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing, (GameCube or 3DS specifically) because it’s so relaxing. You get to decorate your own house, explore your town, become friends with the cute animals. It’s great.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Sky. I just love the gameplay in this. There’s actually some decent tactical gameplay in regards to some of the later dungeons and bosses, and the story still gets me every time.

Danganronpa, (Probably 2, specifically) it’s just ace attorney but with anime kids murdering each other. Lol. It’s ridiculous, and over the top, but the characters are what make it worth playing. Plus dat music.

Persona (4) again, a very character driven game. You get an interesting cast and solid JRPG goodness, all tied up in a fun little bundle.

Sonic (3) because it’s Sonic 3, man. Top tier level design, multiple paths that can even vary on which character you’re playing as, tons of replayability, and it’s just pure fun. Absolutely fun.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Tomb Raider (PC + PSX) - the first real 3D game for me, it costs me many hours of my life :wacko: the series have ups and downs but i´m a fan until today.

Resident Evil (PSX/PS2/Gamecube/Wii/PC) - costs me many,many of my nerves and hundreds of hours of my life.:wacko: this series have for me no weak part i like it all until today.

Baphomets Fluch - Broken Sword (PSX/PS2/XBOX/PC) - yeah,i love adventures and this series i can play every time,i think of the characters.:)

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dragon Quest I Snes Remake (+the rest of the series) - This first proper Jrpg is so simple and short but still it is nice to see how revolutionary it was. Also its shortness and open-worldedness makes it very replayable. The music is really great too.

Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light - Great music, great gameplay. Such a misunderstood game. People don't realize the story is a parody on FF clichés and take it seriously.

Spyro Year of the Dragon - It thought me to be tidy and slightly OCD.

Alien Isolation - Scariest game I've ever played.

Abzû - Such an experience.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light - Great music, great gameplay. Such a misunderstood game. People don't realize the story is a parody on FF clichées and take it seriously.
I thought it would at least gain some recognition after Bravely Default became a big hit. It's interesting to see some of the early ideas in 4HoL.

Reactions: DaFixer and Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I thought it would at least gain some recognition after Bravely Default became a big hit. It's interesting to see some of the early ideas in 4HoL.
The only reason I've held off on playing Bravely Default is because there's a different composer and a lot of the tracks seem very rock/metal symphonic, compared to the soft waltzes of 4HoL. I'm sure the gameplay is awesome though. And the story seemingly takes a more serious tone. I'm just crossing my fingers for an HD remake for the switch with the multiplayer story coop intact.

Sonic (3) because it’s Sonic 3, man.
I grew up with it too, however after experiencing Sonic 3 & Knuckles I got more fond of that and I consider it the real Sonic 3, especially whenever I beat the last Robotnik in Sonic 3 and the game feels like it abruptly ends. Still, Sonic 3 is by all means a great game without the added Knuckles.

Last edited by Zense,

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of mario games from nintendo consoles. if I have to pick, I would pick Super Mario World or SMB3. I love all of them.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harvest Moon. I like slowly doing more and more each day with a big goal in mind.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. First open world game that I played - there was so much to do it almost felt like it was never ending.

Professor Layton. The music and puzzles are so good. It's like the very core of what any video game should be.

Final Fantasy VI. My favorite RPG. It developed a wide range of characters in a way no other RPG has managed since.

Of course Zelda is my GOAT, but that's so mainstream that there's almost no reason to bring it up.

Reactions: Chary

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bioshock games - if one which was rumoured to come out for the vita I'd buy a vita even if the machine was 200 quid - shocking how this series looks no more

Tomb raider games - lara croft should never die

mariopepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
My favorite games? Hm..
What about games like dota2 or CS? I used to play for about 2 years. I am chasing to get expensice items there. I have even bet to get it, by the way it was succesfull. If someone interested in such games or items - welcome, i also got some usefull tips for this at https://www.bookmakeradvisor.com/uk/bonus/unibet/ (just helpful asvises, that's all) :D By the way i would be pleased if you want to play cs or dota together

Last edited by mariopepper,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably either TLoZ Wind Waker or Mario Sunshine.

I really enjoyed the tropical locations and gradually collecting all the shines in sunshine.

As for Wind Waker I'm a sucker for big open space like the Ocean, and each island being it's own self-contained dungeon/area with quests makes it rewarding to visit all of them.

Reactions: Zense

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Windwaker
Soma
Portal
Inside
Cuphead
RE2 Remake

Why? These games have stuck with me after completing them.

Last edited by Haymose,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's see...I might be missing a few, but it's probably like this:

Game boy: Zelda: link's awakening (the oracle games count as GBC). Reason: childhood nostalgia
Gameboy advance: Mario versus donkey kong. Reason: I find myself coming back again and again.
SNES: erm...probably Tetris attack or Lost vikings. I just like these sorts of puzzle games
Arcade: Teenage mutant ninja turtles (konami...not the 'turtles in time' one). Beat 'em ups were a blast to play co-op with my friends, and this (alongside the Simpsons one) was just the best one. Runner-up in this category is a game called "vendetta", btw.
PC: UT2004 with rocksmith 2014 remastered as follow-up (or even the inverse). They're both the pinnacles of their genre.
Gamecube: F-zero GX
Wii: this is a really tough one, as it was so versatile. I'll go with one of these three:
-wii sports resort: ideal party game
-sin & punishment 2: forget sword fighting, bowling and such...THIS is the game ever that made use of the wiimote & nunchuck.
-wii fit plus: you can laugh all you want, but I really liked some of these balance games (I nominate this one over the wiiu version because even though that was about the same thing but more...it missed snowboarding :angry: ).
Wiiu: Captain Toad. There is something incredibly charming about these puzzly levels. Also: a 3D platformer without jumping is something that there should be more of.
Android (phone): patchwork. Digidiced makes a lot of great virtual board games, but this is their masterpiece.
Android (tablet): race for the galaxy. While it's just a virtual version of a card laying game, I still find myself playing another round of the game well after a year after I first played it. Runner-up: 'a good snowman is hard to build'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work