Hacking Question What all does RAWNAND.bin contain?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's 4 options in the "tools" option in hekate. I used two of the options, one of them producing rawnand.bin. Does that bin contain everything I need to restore my Switch? Do I need to back anything else up?
Everyone usually suggests backing up the boot0/boot1 files, and raw emmc gpp (aka Rawnand). It's labeled under "full" in Hekate. The Rawnand will be about 32 GB, the size of your NAND. If you compress it with 7zip, you can reduce the size by a whole lot as it compresses unused space. If you backup this NAND while you had nothing installed on it, you'd be able to compress it to be below 1 GB. You can basically upload the backup to google drive or dropbox or both for safe keeping.

I'm not entirely sure what the package1 is, but it's pretty quick to backup if you wanted to.

Last edited by MattKimura,

tinysolderingguy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone usually suggests backing up the boot0/boot1 files, and raw emmc gpp (aka Rawnand). It's labeled under "full" in Hekate. The Rawnand will be about 32 GB, the size of your NAND. If you compress it with 7zip, you can reduce the size by a whole lot as it compresses unused space. If you backup this NAND while you had nothing installed on it, you'd be able to compress it to be below 1 GB. You can basically upload the backup to google drive or dropbox or both for safe keeping.

I'm not entirely sure what the package1 is, but it's pretty quick to backup if you wanted to.
package1 has ur bootloaders and trustzone stuffs basically

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol