What 5 games would you like to see coming for the switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by s157, Mar 19, 2017.

1. s157
    OP

s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    I was thinking top ten too, but top 5 makes you think of what you want to see most on the Switch. Some of the people listed 4 or less too, but it's not like I'm a stickler for it. It just shows you what they REALLY want.

The notion of 3rd party indies completely flew by me. I'd really like to see Stardew Valley and either Starbound or Terraria as well.
    EDIT: Terrarria and Stardew have been comfirmed, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by s157, Mar 19, 2017
    Felek666 likes this.

2. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    I think Stardew Valley was already confirmed?

3. s157
    OP

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, stardew and terraria have been confirmed. My bad. I really should've paid extreme detail to third party indies coming, since the switch is getting a lot.

4. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    1. Star Tropics 3

2. Wave Race 3

3. A new Famicom Detective Club game

4. Pokemon Snap 2

5. A Donkey Kong 64 sequel

Last edited by cvskid, Mar 19, 2017
    djalmafreestyler and Pienkaito like this.
  5. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Metroid (with VR support preferably)

And though I hate sports titles... A Pro Wrestling spiritual sequel is way over due.

A Kid Icarus spiritual sequel would be nice too as that thing on the 3DS is CRAP!

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Castlevania spiritual successor)

Classic DOOM per license of one of the more advanced source ports.

6. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I would like a new battletoads also but that franchise is owned by microsoft now and even then they don't care enough about the series to make another battletoads game.

7. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    1. Super Mario Sunshine HD
    2. Luigi's Mansion HD with added rooms / bosses (game was too short)
    3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door 2
    4. Metroid Prime 4
    5. Star Fox Switch

8. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    Norway
    Lunatea
    Formula Fusion
    Can we get enough AG-racers? No, there can never be enough. Formula Fusion, headed to PC, Xbox One and PS4 is shaping up to be a fantastic AG-racers, made by some(?) of the original WipEout developers. It's in early access on Steam right now.

Ridge Racer 8
    It's about time we get a new Ridge Racer, and one that is made by the actual developers and NOT fucking Cellius, responsible for the car-crash that is Ridge Racer 2011 for the PlayStation Vita. One that plays like Ridge Racer 6/7 would be preferable.

The next inevitable Call of Duty game from Treyarch
    I'm not the biggest Call of Duty fan, but whenever Treyarch releases the next entry I make sure to pick it up, because I really do enjoy their entries. Black Ops 3 was fantastic while it lasted and had me hooked with it's multiplayer.
    Let's just hope if they do release it on the Switch that we don't get the same DLC-treatment like we did on the Wii U.

A new Metroid Prime game
    Say what you will about the Prime series, but Metroid Prime is in my opinion much more exciting than 2D Metroid. Prime 3 wasn't the best in the series but it was enjoyable. Where's Prime 4? And why is Retro Studios tweeting about prime ribs?

Klonoa
    Please Namco
    [​IMG]

9. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    wth is klonoa

edit: a google search confirmed my suspicion that it is one of the worst games of all time

Last edited by blujay, Mar 19, 2017
  10. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Warframe! And yes it can handle it. My shit pc could this thing definitely can.

11. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    Norway
    Lunatea
    It's an adorable sidescrolling platformer with gorgeous graphics and some of the best gameplay in the genre.

12. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Holy fuck forgot to include that one. Yes. Very much so. Easily one of my favorites. They would charge 60 bucks tho and I don't think Ninty would approve a $100 pac of dlc in the eshop

13. MaNiAlJoWo

MaNiAlJoWo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    1. Resident Evil Collection (Zero - 3)
    2. Eternal Darkness
    3. Geist
    4. Star Fox Adventures
    5. Fever Pitch Soccer

Yo-kai Watch 1-3, Ni No Kuni 1-2, Kingdom Hearts Collection.....

Last edited by MaNiAlJoWo, Mar 19, 2017
  14. SquidgyBean

SquidgyBean GBAtemp Regular

Oct 23, 2016
    OMG wish I never mentioned Animal Crossings Epic Yarn now I cant stop thinking about it, Town builder made of cute yarn!

Ridge likes this.
  15. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Here are my choices, not necessarily in order of preference.

1. Kingdom Hearts III: It may seem unlikely, but I figure, if the Switch can run Unreal Engine 4 decently, whats stopping SE from porting the game?

2. 2D Metroid: Preferably in the style of the GBA games, or at least a continuation of them. A 2D Metroid would be a great way for Nintendo to test if fans are still receptive to the series without blowing the bank.

3. A Traditional Fire Emblem Game: Dynasty Warriors gameplay is cool and all, but I want the tactical strategy RPG gameplay everyone is familiar with. It would also be nice if the game toys with the traditional mold of recent FE games.

4. A Vs. Capcom Game: 3D wouldn't be bad, but what Is like to see is a fighting game in the style of the old CPS2 games. Again, 2D would save some resources, and it would be a good way to mess around with the Switch's capabilities (y'know, instead of just releasing a SF2 port). Besides, I think JJBA vs. Capcom would be lit af.

5. Garry's Mod: BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT?!?

Last edited by B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N, Mar 19, 2017
  16. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    not sure if troll

Ridge likes this.
  17. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Metroid Prime. We're overdue for a real metroid game..

F Zero. I don't care what they say. If they push out 8 Mario Karts. A new F Zero is definitely possible.

A main Pokémon game. Not a spin off. A huge open world Pokémon adventure would be fantastic on this device.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, if not Sunshine HD.

Old school FPS games. Doom, Hexen, Quake, Duke Nukem. Even if Homebrew.

As a bonus, Turok 1 and 2 would be great. Kthx Night Dive.

s157 likes this.
  18. s157
    OP

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    F-Zero enthusiasts unite. Mario Kart just doesn't leave you with the same feeling F-Zero does.

19. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    1. F-Zero GX HD Remaster
      • F-Zero GX was confirmed to be the ultimate goal of the F-Zero series, this being the proposed reason for no further games in the series. I agree that F-Zero GX is probably the best F-Zero can get, but it's been close to 14 years since its release. The game could definitely benefit from a texture and lighting overhaul, much like Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, and ideally online multiplayer as well.
    2. 2.5D Metroid
      • It's been too long since we've seen a Metroid game that wasn't either a first-person shooter or Other M, and with all of the great Metroidvania games being released lately, Nintendo should be taking it as a sign. Super Smash Bros. Brawl showed us that, with the Subspace Emissary story mode, the engine is there. With some very minor tweaks, it could be perfect for a Metroid title.
    3. Pokemon Snap 2
      • Really? Gyro controls and STILL no Pokemon Snap sequel? The 3DS even had two full 3D Pokedex viewer applications, and Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon had an integrated photography mini-game. Breath of the Wild showed that the controls work, and the ground work has already been done. The leap to be made isn't large.
    4. Mega Man Legends 3
      • . . .
    5. Better 3rd Party Support
      • Indie games are good, but they aren't cutting it. The Switch is going to fail just like the Wii U did if Nintendo can't secure high quality multi-platform titles.

20. Agent McMuffin

Agent McMuffin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    • Kirby
    • Pikmin
    • Paper Mario
    • 3D Mario Maker (Odyssee level editor???)
    • SMW sequel
    • Luigi's Mansion sequel
    • Mother Sequel
    One can dream, eh?