Weird Switch behavior on Atmosphere and won't boot sometimes

Skyline3499

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone. I have a first gen modded switch on 15.0.1 AMS 1.4.0, and hekate 6.0.1. I am using emummc for CFW and don't have anything weird like themes installed. Just games, a couple smash mods and some emulators. I have been having a strange issue where if my switch sits overnight in emummc CFW the battery percentage number in the top right will go away and then my home button will stop working, regardless if a game is open in the background, foreground or no game running at all. When I restart everything goes back to normal. Just recently I started having an issue where when I restart to fix this issue Atmosphere fails to start and shows black screen with white text in the top left saying:

A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere
Program ID: 0100000000000002b
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)

On top of that a bunch of my games corrupted and I had to reinstall them after a few days of this happening. Didn't loose any save data thankfully. When I reboot it usually fails but if i force the switch off and reboot into hekate and launch atmosphere it will SOMETIMES not have the error and boot normally. Usually takes about 2 to 3 tries. I had an error only once when trying to reboot that was the more graphical atmosphere error screen and that read:

Error Code: 2002-3502 (0x1b5c02)
Program: 0100000000000024

I was starting to come to the conclusion that something was corrupted so I copied all the files off my SD card partition and formatted it. (I did not format or touch the emummc partition) After doing that I copied everything back and updated absolutely everything I could and replaced the atmosphere and hekate files with new redownloaded ones. (same version as previously installed) The issue with the home button not working and battery percentage went away for 1 night and then the issue came back and one of my games corrupted again. I'm quite lost on what to do now but the last thing I can think of is I either need to reformat the emummc partition or maybe my SD card is going bad. It's a pretty new Samsung 256gb EVO so I'd hope it hasn't already failed. I did some research on the internet and came across another thread on this forum and deleted the 80000000000000d1 file from the system partition on emummc they talked about, I made a backup on my PC just incase, and i got the same 0100000000000002b error uppon booting atmosphere but this time it was flipped sideways and in yellow text. I pressed power to continue which took me back to hekate and tried booting again and it got into atmosphere just fine. I'm going to assume the issue isn't fixed because I still got that error but I will post if it somehow did. I am pretty knowledgeable with homebrew and computers but I'd like any help I can get. I have attached a few crash logs of this error after restarting from the switch menu.

Attachments

• Crash logs.7z
    628 bytes · Views: 46

TheSkywalkerNC

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

I'm starting to have the same exact issue.
It Just happens sometimes, I though It was depending on an installed mod but It wasn't correct.
Did a fresh installation of Atmosphere but the error returned After some days.
Not doing exactly troubleshooting here, but i found somewhere that this error is related to SD that cannot be correctly read. Maybe the problem Is in the switch "Reader" (the component), not the SD card
Did you solve that?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have some booting issues on partition-based emu so i went for file-based, zero problems from there but it is a bit slower sometimes on boot. Our issues are probably not related but hey you can try file based once when you are already swapping emus and looking for solutions.

TheSkywalkerNC

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some additional information for those Who May help or have the same problem.

Switch: bought from a guy, 2017, First model i Guess, completely clean switch, the firmware was the original First one when i got It.

SD: Samsung MB-MC128HA/EU - MicroSD EVO Plus 128 GB (w/ Adapter)
Don't remember exactly if I formatted the SD in exFAT or FAT32.
The origin of the problem could so be the exFat format.

This strange behaviour started when I updated firmware from 13.2.1 to 15.0.1, AMS 1.4.0, and hekate 6.0.1, so the configuraton Is identical to the One described at the top of the thread.
Used Daybreak for the update, downloaded the firmware from darthsternie.

How this kind of error appears: exiting from sleep mode, if the percentage of the battery does not show up and if i try to launch One of the games installed, the "An error has occurred" screen shows up instantly (Will try to attach a screenshot asap).
Sometimes It Is resolved by rebooting the payload, in other cases by rebooting the payload the "fatal error when running Atmosphere" screen shows up (title ID related to the error changes constantly and Is not in the contents folder). In this cases, by holding Power button for some seconds, I'm able to switch to SysNand, shut down the switch and then to inject the payload from my PC to get back to Atmosphere (never experienced a fatal error in this case)

Not sure, but If i try to install a mod for Pokemon Shield that has not been updated since 2021, the error Will show more often.

Tried to cancell the entire Atmosphere folder from SD root and then have a clean Atmosphere "installation". It helped a Little bit and the situation Is slightly Better.

Probably I Will try to format/change the SD when the problem Will start to appear more often

4nt4ttich3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I have the same issue on my Switch v1 Erista with SX core installed. In February I migrated to Hekate + Atmosphere with emuNAND.
Recently, Atmosphere started giving me the same error as OP:

A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere. ProgramID: 010000000000002b Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe) Failed to save report to the SD card! (00000202) Press POWER to reboot.

What I tried already, with no success:
  • update Hekate from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3 and atmosphere to 1.5.1 + sigpatches using the UpdateCFWAndFW guide on rentry.
  • delete the file /saves/80000000000000d1 on SYSTEM as suggested in another gbatemp thread and on a bug filed on Atmosphere's github.
  • checked the file system of the microSD. Somewhere I read that exFAT is prone to errors, but mine is formatted in FAT32 and Hekate shows SDMMC1 errors 0.

I'm at loss, don't know what do to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o