Hardware weird scratch on my 3ds

RivenMain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/a/hZbO7

woke up this morning and turned it on, then found this weird line on my screen. there's a small thin line I can see when I turn it off. My question is did it scratch the lcd behind the screen protector? or just the protector. When I move my 3ds I can see the line change color/ If it is the lcd is there a way to remove the scratch like scratch fixes for glasses or do I need to buy a new screen and take it apart?

Yea more I look at it the more I feel the lcd is scratched. Oh well

Last edited by RivenMain,

RivenMain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like an indent more than a scratch. Also, why are you watching that on your 3ds?
oh it was just my theme. It does, as the line is perfectly straight. I do regularly watch anime on it though, I enjoy being able to take it anywhere and watch when ever I like. Prefer that then using my iphone.

The only way I can really find out is by heating it and checking. Though I appreciate the reply!

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I can think of to check for sure is to remove the screen protector. Not sure how you got a scratch / whatever it is while sleeping, though. Looks too high up to be from the bottom screen's edge. Did you close the system with something between the screens by accident?

Stupid question: Have you tried washing off the "scratch?" I'm sure you have, but thought I'd say it just in case. I've had more than a few smudges that look like scratches, and sometimes they don't come off without a small amount of elbow grease (not TOO hard, don't wanna damage the screen ofc).

RivenMain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try washing and rubbing, but no luck. Looking for a suction cup to try heating and taking off. I didn't shut it on anything, I generally put a piece of cloth between it though. I did take another picture to show it better http://imgur.com/a/37vY7

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, sounds like you take as anal care of your electronics as I do.... which is a bit ironic because my house is a disaster zone, haha. Anyway, if its one of those plastic screen protectors, you can just peel it back from a corner, but it will probably bend the protector and you will need a new one. TBH though, after taking it off its gonna get covered in dust and debris anyway, which is a pain in the ass to remove. A new screen protector set is like $1-$2, better to just replace it IMO. I used to put a cloth between my screens too, but stopped doing that after it created permanent lines from the bottom screen on my O3DS. Your scratch / indent / whatever is in a weird spot though..... not sure what could have caused it. Maybe something was on the cloth you didn't notice? The line looks perfectly straight, so it probably wasn't just a fold in the cloth or something. Can you feel the scratch if you gently run your fingernail over it?

RivenMain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, sounds like you take as anal care of your electronics as I do....
Made me laugh xD Gonna wait for hobby lobby to open so I can get one. I have no idea either, I don't feel anything along the scratch mark dent. Which is why it's so weird to me how it could of appeared.

The house isn't to clean here either. I got so many chess sets they take up most the room. I can say I am a hardcore addict of electronics though, force myself to go fishing and meet people so I get out a bit haha

Last edited by RivenMain,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up