fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kikoolol said:
Bladexdsl said:
done all that still get the fucking magic error

What's your drive letter? Is windows detecting your drive? your drive must be detected as RAW in windows, if it's detected as UNALLOCATED, somethings wrong with your format, or your drive is maybe corrutped/damaged.

Anyway, if it's working in the cygwin build, you should use that.

drive letter is K, yes its detecting it, dunno what RAW is, 156gb NTFS allocated and 141 GB unallocated

Posts merged

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Apr 1 2009, 08:49 PM)
And be sure you're running the application in administratr mode and without spaces anywhere in the directory containing the program.

i dont have VISTA only 1 login on this computer.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
kikoolol said:
kedest said:
I formatted the partition using the wii and the pc application can read it just fine

Well, it's people using the Cygwin build that have problems. I know i had the same problem of "bad magic", it's just an incorrect partition, you need to format the drive in FAT/NTFS in Disk Management or whatever (i have VISTA so i don't know for XP), and then use init with the wbfswin, not the cygwin build.

Your drive needs a letter assigned before you can use it in this, if you drive doesn't have any, you need to format it again, as simple as that, and the wbfs cygwin build doesn't need a drive letter to work, but it's confusing people now.

what EXACTLY are you typing in

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
manias said:
Bladexdsl said:
kikoolol said:
kedest said:
I formatted the partition using the wii and the pc application can read it just fine

Well, it's people using the Cygwin build that have problems. I know i had the same problem of "bad magic", it's just an incorrect partition, you need to format the drive in FAT/NTFS in Disk Management or whatever (i have VISTA so i don't know for XP), and then use init with the wbfswin, not the cygwin build.

Your drive needs a letter assigned before you can use it in this, if you drive doesn't have any, you need to format it again, as simple as that, and the wbfs cygwin build doesn't need a drive letter to work, but it's confusing people now.

what EXACTLY are you typing in

nothing i'm using this pc tool program download in here.

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
drive letter is K, yes its detecting it, dunno what RAW is, 156gb NTFS allocated and 141 GB unallocated

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view. is your K drive listed as RAW?

Ok, maybe i know what's wrong, you just need to use wbfs_win to create a wbfs partition, as the GUI tool doesn't have that option. So you need to use

wbfs_win.exe K init

before using this GUI.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome!!! This worked perfectly, thanks so much
biggrin.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kikoolol said:
Bladexdsl said:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view. is your K drive listed as RAW?

Ok, maybe i know what's wrong, you just need to use wbfs_win to create a wbfs partition, as the GUI tool doesn't have that option. So you need to use

wbfs_win.exe K init

before using this GUI.

yes that worked finally! why isn't that format option added to the gui?

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
st0rax said:
first of all I will have to format my hdd in fat, haven't I?

FAT or NTFS, you don't care since the wbfs_win will create a wbfs partition on top of it anyway. You just need a partition that can be read by windows to create a wbfs partition in the tool, and to assign a letter to the drive before creating the wbfs partition so that windows can detect your drive and that you can type those commands.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
or just format the partition in the wii before you begin guys...
btw lol @ the naming of the games, trauma center 2 here is called Caduceus Z for some reason.. hope we get a renamer sometime
tongue.gif

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maximillion said:
I have created a simple GUI for WBFS using wbfs_win_delta by gibbed

Hopefully people will find it alot easier to do this and there will be less questions about the command lines =)

Tell me if you find any bugs

You will need to have your drive partitioned first since its not in the GUI
Run it as administrator
Make sure the directory has no spaces in it for now

WBFS GUI Download

My WBFS partition is invisible in Windows and have drive letter in disk management. The drive also contains a NTFS partition which shows fine.

However this is not a problem for the GUI-Less WBFS, I just refer my drive as $PART. But if you need a letter in all your GUI stuff it will never work.

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easier for non-experienced MS-DOS user, if you know how to use dos, then you're better off not using a GUI at all anyway
smileipb2.png
. (can transfer all iso in 1 command, create batch etc...).

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kikoolol said:
It's easier for non-experienced MS-DOS user, if you know how to use dos, then you're better off not using a GUI at all anyway
smileipb2.png
. (can transfer all iso in 1 command, create batch etc...).

Yes but, still, I like pretty, ergonomic tools.
smileipb2.png

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have all my ISO on one computer thats haardly used except for the hard drive to store stuff.Now on my main computer is where i do all my internet installing programs ext..

Now im getting the UNC paths are not supported error when running this GUI.I know its because im going over a network trying to get the files.

So how do i fix this?

Program works fine it will list my drive and show me all the games on it but i can't add anything to it.

Someone please help.

**NEVERMIND***

i tried moving the two files around the GUI one and the other one and now i can run it from anywhere no problems.I dont know what fixed it but it works now running it from my desktop on my main pc and pulling the files over the network from my old computer with the bigger hard drive.

Great App

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
wbfs gui loads up fine. i can see how much free space i have. i can see what games i have put on via the wii, but i carnt trasfer any iso's from my pc to the drive! any ideas?

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An option to move around (copy) a dumped iso from one WBFS drive to another would be great for managing games and keeping a backup.

Thanks for the GUI .. looks neat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty +1