Hacking WARNING: Wanky released 3.55 CFW v2!!!!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Although I am sure he did actually test it out this time, I still don't trust him with all the bricks that he's made in the past. Be careful.
I personally am staying far away from this, and you should too.

QUOTE said:
This CFW is installed directly into the NAND has been tested in different models of console (FAT and Slim, reported in the main post) and without any bricks or similar problems.

The testers have reported a high stability in the CFW and the same compatibility with games that could be obtained with different dongles.

The main core of the payload is based on Hermes, also has some features of PL3 and supplementary code and improved by Waninkoko.

Attempted to create an application that enable / disable the payload, so that after leaving a manager backup Blu-ray was functional. After some testing has not been able to be operational, it would be desirable for the various backups managers were in charge of implementing such functionality or may be added in a later CFW.

+------------------------------+
| Custom PS3 Firmware v3.55 v2 |
| Developed by Waninkoko |
| http://www.teknoconsolas.es |

>> DESCRIPTION:

This custom firmware for the PS3 increases the system capabilities of your console to allow installation and execution of homebrew applications.
This Custom Firmware can also allow the loading of legal copies (backups) using these new functions.

We do not support or support the use of illegal copies.
We are not responsible for any damage caused by use of the Custom Firmware.

>> INSTALLATION:

1. Download the firmware 3.55 for PS3 (PS3UPDAT.PUP file).
2. PS3UPDAT.PUP file patched using the patch included in this package using the application "bsdiff ( Binary diff ).
3. PUP file installs the patch as normal firmware upgrade.
(If you're in the version 3.55 you need to install from the recovery mode.)

>> MODELS TESTED:

- PS3 40GB FAT (CECHG04)
- PS3 60GB FAT (CECHC04)
- PS3 80GB FAT (CECHK04)
- 120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2004A)
- 120GB PS3 Slim (CECH2104A)
- PS3 Slim 250GB (CECH2004B)

>> KUDOS:

- Team fail0verflow
- Kakarot
- Flukes1
- Hermes

>> KUDOS TO OUR TESTERS:

- Jgade
- Etxe
- EXXtreme
- Vasolechecongalletas
- Carpi
- Mibaito
- Juaniyoalm
- XP10SiV

>> NOTES:

I regret the situation once again produced with my V1. The solution to this problem is not simple and is not expected in the short term.
>> Download 3.55 CFW V2 Waninkoko: (via) MEGAUPLOAD

MD5: 6a6cfc701300c95b57b990d8d609e52f
SHA1: a4f155711bbb031022d0c531d70a0b7a180b7aca

News Source: (via) Teknoconsolas

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I personally say stay away from all CFW, but that is just my opinion. But if you have to use some kind of CFW then at least stay the hell away from wanky's. We know his history with consoles.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up
smile.gif
Not that I will be installing it
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its such a bad thing and you are advising against it, why post download links and loads of info about it? Seems the wrong way to go about getting people to avoid it to me...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
If its such a bad thing and you are advising against it, why post download links and loads of info about it? Seems the wrong way to go about getting people to avoid it to me...
Because I just stole what was on the first post of the thread on another site.
biggrin.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:

News is news. Whether good, or bad.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed v2 from wanky and it seems fine. I installed V1 on a bunch of consoles and hadn't had a brick. I even installed it on models that others said were bricking. Don't get me wrong, cfw in general is unstable (wanky's maybe more unstable lol) but i bet 65-70% of bricks are a COMBINATION of user error and unstability

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Why all the hate towards him?

He bothered to do what none of you haters could...it was your choice that you used the v1 and failed miserably.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
NiGHtS said:
Why all the hate towards him?

He bothered to do what none of you haters could...it was your choice that you used the v1 and failed miserably.

If following instructions to a tee, and still getting a brick counts as failing miserably...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DeadlyFoez said:
Although I am sure he did actually test it out this time, I still don't trust him with all the bricks that he's made in the past. Be careful.
I personally am staying far away from this, and you should too.
-SNIP-

Just curious, do you happen to be in fact marcan?
smileipb2.png

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
He bricked so many Wiis with his cIOS. He's doing the same now.
lol no, he's not doing anything, it's not like he's forcing you to install it on your system or purposefully trying to brick peoples consoles. They should blame themselves for anything that happens because they chose to install his software. And it apparently works for him and instead of just keeping it for himself he's nice enough to release it for others to use as well so don't complain

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Juanmatron said:

Dont believe the shit marcan is posting at this twitter. cIOS cant brick Wiis because it doesnt touch any important system titles. Bricking Wiis with cIOS doesnt make sense at all, lol.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Juanmatron said:

Magsor said:
"Stay away from CFW in general or waninkoko's?

From Waninkoko's one.

There's not a single report that the cIOS alone bricked any Wii. His wii menu updater&patcher(don't remember what it's called), bricked Wiis. You can actually brick a Wii with a cIOS, but almost all cases are contructed, like you can kill the dvd drive by loading games from sd card(put sd card into the dvd drive).

What i don't understand is why people are so eager to try out new stuff, with tools that may brick your nice and expensive toys, to a time where you don't have anything from it anyways. I bet most people who bricked their ps3s with Waninkoko's 1st CFW wanted to play backups with it, and now tell me if it was possible to the time the bricks happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.