Gaming Warning: Majora's Mask 3D deletes save data upon playing on different 3DS console

Status
Not open for further replies.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, will my save erase when I use a different console. no flash card stuff, just regular old 3ds xl's at the same firmware

No. Majora's mask can't (as of yet) get a corrupted save file on a non hacked console. Unless you mess with the save file

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone with pics and steps on how to replicate the issue should email Gateway so that they know the issue is there and perhaps they can work on a quick fix for it on an upcoming release.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone with pics and steps on how to replicate the issue should email Gateway so that they know the issue is there and perhaps they can work on a quick fix for it on an upcoming release.

It's not a bug, it's expected behavior. A system with 4.x sysnand can not use savegames created by a system with 6.x+ sysnand. That's because the system will still use your sysnand keys to encrypt the savegame and that encryption changed on fw 6.0.

The only real issue here is that MM3D doesn't ask the user beforehand here, but then again in Nintendos view the game can not be played in a system < 9.2 so they rightly so do not see this as an issue affecting their legit costumers. Only users with a hacked device and emunand are affected by the issue.

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same thing happened to me, what I don't get is why would affect me that my sysnand is in 4.5 if my emunand (where I attempted to play the game and got my data wiped) is in 10.3.... I've a O3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld