Suggestion "Warez" Rules Going Largely Ignored?

WAUthethird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - recently, I've noticed a bit of a problem between this forum and The Terms of Service and Rules defined here.

As set down there, the rules state:
  • We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs.
  • We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.
I won't deny that I've broken this rule a few times, but high-ranking members and even staff have taken part in certain discussions that contain links to ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs. I'm not going to post links to these discussions, but I just wanted to bring this up. As the rules are set pretty cleanly and strictly, I'm surprised that this rule isn't more well enforced; as such, it might be worth it to make some modifications to the rules so new members/nonmembers won't be confused as they see links to CIAs (the most commonly posted link that technically breaks this rule) pop up.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...