Hacking Waninkoko's NAND emulator source is coming...

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very decent of him to release his sources since he's somewhat leaving the scene. We should all give him a big thank you.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vashgs said:
It's very decent of him to release his sources since he's somewhat leaving the scene. We should all give him a big thank you.
+1
yay.gif

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:

Agreed.

Looking forward to this release. Hopefully NAND emulation can be improved to the point that I can finally stop having WiiWare on my real NAND and move it all over to the HDD. I've been running out of room for ages and I hate having to load from SD.

Thank you Waninkoko!
biggrin.gif

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DownSince86 said:
vashgs said:

Agreed.

Looking forward to this release. Hopefully NAND emulation can be improved to the point that I can finally stop having WiiWare on my real NAND and move it all over to the HDD. I've been running out of room for ages and I hate having to load from SD.

Thank you Waninkoko!
biggrin.gif

Tri-Force

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Riicky said:
DownSince86 said:
vashgs said:

Agreed.

Thank you Waninkoko!
biggrin.gif

Tri-Force
That's Triiforce.
wink.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
This might lead to Wii game saves not being written/read to/from NAND.

imho that would be the most epic thing this year if anyone manages it. Nicksasa already did it, but had a lot of bugs, lets see if any other dev can manage it.

We migh also see sys menus running form HDD/SD too and a few other nice ideas.

HUGE thanks to waninkoko
biggrin.gif

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
This might lead to Wii game saves not being written/read to/from NAND.

imho that would be the most epic thing this year if anyone manages it. Nicksasa already did it, but had a lot of bugs, lets see if any other dev can manage it.

We migh also see sys menus running form HDD/SD too and a few other nice ideas.

HUGE thanks to waninkoko
biggrin.gif

sounds like you havn't heard much about SNEEK cause that is already possible with it, though SNEEK only supports SD.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
@ SanGor - I've heard plenty about SNEEK

We can run sys menus from SD card thanks to an app from waninkoko a while ago, but it has bugs and limits, and SNEEK will only ever support SD from what I've heard not USB and will be a long time until it comes out.

BUT with this source maybe some loaders can implement saves to and from HDD or SD, that would be epic...

Only time will tell, for sure this will be a great thing.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Slimmmmmm said:
but it has bugs and limits, and SNEEK will only ever support SD from what I've heard not USB
but thats still awesome! The size of the wii's internal memory is barely over 500MB, SD cards range from 500MB to 64 and climbing (maybe already higher)

but still, from what i hear sneek still needs some work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Judge Dread Wario lol