Hacking [W.i.P.] Savedata Hexediting DB

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I made some Cheats for Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (JPN) (English Patched). Just use it with Rincheat_SE (Save Editor) or use it with a hex editor. This is the first time i made Cheats and it was really fun doing them. Maybe i will search for more later. But couldnt find any Stats in the Game. I also found the Level of each Character but changing the value wont work.

-- Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (JPN) (English Patched)
-- Credits: Tsuukasa

needs_crc32 = false

cur_chts = {
{["name"]="Max Money", ["offsets"]={0x2294C}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x98967F, ["size"]=3},
{["name"]="999 Mini Medals", ["offsets"]={0x22950}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="99 Bonus Balls", ["offsets"]={0x22A41}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
{["name"]="99 Quicksilver Keys", ["offsets"]={0x228D2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
{["name"]="Lazare (Warrior) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDE0}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Thief) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDE8}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Mage) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDE4}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Priest) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDE6}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Martial Arts) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDE2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Gladiator) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDEA}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Lazare (Sage) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xCDEC}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Warrior) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD630}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Martial Arts) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD632}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Mage) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD634}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Priest) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD636}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Thief) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD638}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Gladiator) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD63A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Teresa (Sage) Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD63C}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Cesaer Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD7D2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Carver Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE2FA}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Terry Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE492}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Desdemona Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xD96A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Torneko Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xDE32}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Angelo Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE95A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Jessica Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xEAF2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Meena Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xDFCA}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Alena Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xDB02}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Kyril Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xDC9A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Maya Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE162}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Maribel Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE62A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Ruff Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xE7C2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Luceus Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xEC8A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Aurora Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xEE22}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Doric Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xEFBA}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Isla Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xF152}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Yangus Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xF7B2}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Bianca Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xF482}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Nera Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xF61A}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
{["name"]="Psaro Max Skill Points", ["offsets"]={0xF2EA}, ["file"]="MainData00.DAT", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2}
}

Here is also the .lua file for rincheat_SE. (Rename the txt file to lua)

Attachments

• PCSG00820.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 329

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game isn't too bad.

PCSE00011

Code:
-- Silent Hill: Book of Memories (USA)
-- Credits: Slade

needs_crc32 = false

warning = "Keys reset to zero every level."

cur_chts = {
    {["name"]="99 Health Packs", ["offsets"]={0x611B}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
    {["name"]="99 Ammo Packs", ["offsets"]={0x6113}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
    {["name"]="99 Wrenches", ["offsets"]={0x6123}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
    {["name"]="999 Upgrade Points", ["offsets"]={0x632F}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x3E7, ["size"]=2},
    {["name"]="Level 99", ["offsets"]={0x6337}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1},
    {["name"]="9,999,999 MR", ["offsets"]={0x633B}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x98967F, ["size"]=4},
    {["name"]="99 Keys", ["offsets"]={0x6333}, ["file"]="data0000.bin", ["value"]=0x63, ["size"]=1}
}

As always, more to come !

Hi, how i can apply this cheats to my save?

thanks.

@Rinnegatamante
  1. Rinnegatamante

Last edited by DARK-MANUELX,

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I don't think I've used my Vita in almost a year now...
You'll need to copy / paste the "code" section into a text file called: PCSE00011.txt
Find a copy of the cheat system written by Rinnegatamante and use that to edit your save file.

Details here: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48602
and here: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat

ok, but the question is, how i can edit the save? i make run the rincheat in H-ENCORE 3.68, but i can't apply the codes to edit the saves.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
ok, but the question is, how i can edit the save? i make run the rincheat in H-ENCORE 3.68, but i can't apply the codes to edit the saves.

Is it just this game that doesn't work ?
Is there an error of some sort ?
Have you updated the game recently ?

From memory, you need to extract the save file before editing it.
Worst case scenario, you can just hex edit the save file manually. All the info is in the text. Using a hex editor, jump to the offset and write the value you see. You don't need the "0x" part, that is just to note the format is in hex. In the first line, you'd jump to offset 611B and edit whatever is shown to 63 (in hex), which would give you 99 health packs. Then inject the save back in, and it should work.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just this game that doesn't work ?
Is there an error of some sort ?
Have you updated the game recently ?

From memory, you need to extract the save file before editing it.
Worst case scenario, you can just hex edit the save file manually. All the info is in the text. Using a hex editor, jump to the offset and write the value you see. You don't need the "0x" part, that is just to note the format is in hex. In the first line, you'd jump to offset 611B and edit whatever is shown to 63 (in hex), which would give you 99 health packs. Then inject the save back in, and it should work.

Another problem I have is that, for me, the hexadecimal edition is how to try to understand chinese, that why is more easy to me use the cheat codes that i found.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Another problem I have is that, for me, the hexadecimal edition is how to try to understand chinese, that why is more easy to me use the cheat codes that i found.

Extract your save file, zip it up, and post it here. I'll edit it, zip it, and post it here for you to use. You'll then have to inject it back into the PS Vita. I'm reasonably certain that RinCheat can do all that. It has been a while, and I've forgotten.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract your save file, zip it up, and post it here. I'll edit it, zip it, and post it here for you to use. You'll then have to inject it back into the PS Vita. I'm reasonably certain that RinCheat can do all that. It has been a while, and I've forgotten.

I found the solution, yesterday I realized off the app RINCHEAT SAVE EDITOR and work great, the only hard is found more CHEATS, in fact, i create a tutorial for this, when i will upload i share the link.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-rincheat-save-editor-english-espanol.517804/

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
I found the solution, yesterday I realized off the app RINCHEAT SAVE EDITOR and work great, the only hard is found more CHEATS, in fact, i create a tutorial for this, when i will upload i share the link.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-rincheat-save-editor-english-espanol.517804/

Well done ! I'm glad you got it sorted out.
I'd like to get back into Vita hacking, but I just don't have the time anymore. I'm looking more at Switch games at the moment, and who knows what will grab my attention next week...

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done ! I'm glad you got it sorted out.
I'd like to get back into Vita hacking, but I just don't have the time anymore. I'm looking more at Switch games at the moment, and who knows what will grab my attention next week...

jajajajajajajaja, ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing