Vita Game Dumper Leaked

N6NYRdW.png

The PS Vita game dumping tool, known as Vitamin, has just been leaked and is being tested and, so far, confirmed to be legit.

I am personally testing it by dumping one of my game cartridges (Gravity Rush) as we speak and everything looks good so far!

Needless to say, expect a huge surge in PS Vita sales (if you can still find one!) on both new and used units, as well as price hikes in the already notoriously expensive Sony Vita memory cards.

As a side not, please do not attempt to run this tool yourself until developers can confirm it is safe! It -may- brick your device!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Major tom confirmed he was part of team freek so no brick code
It does seem like the leaker has created some unnecessary drama and bad feelings.

I'm pretty apathetic when things get leaked that people are sitting on and don't intend to release because ultimately people benefit from the leak. However, with something like this which was intended to be released pretty soon anyway and someone just decided to throw a cat among the pigeons, it seems needless. We're also now unlikely to see any further updates or improvements to this.

Still, as a technical achievement in itself this is important.

D

Deleted User

Really glad that this leak happened! I will hopefully get round to dumping some cartridges today, as it looks as if you can do that with Vitamin...

Quick question; are people already contributing more games now? Can anyone confirm that?

Pandomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Really glad that this leak happened! I will hopefully get round to dumping some cartridges today, as it looks as if you can do that with Vitamin...

Quick question; are people already contributing more games now? Can anyone confirm that?
Don't use the leaked version. There is an official version coming out soon. The leaked version didn't work for every game anyway, there were a ton of broken games.
https://twitter.com/theflow0/status/770493405948481536

Reactions: Deleted User

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the end of PSdead, shall we call it PS zombie now? Cauz as a console it's already dead, but it was resurrected forgetting all 3rd parties' support

Last edited by leon315,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
The only problem is that clueless people who don't block dns are forced to update. I hear it even minimizes your game and forces you to update. Also downloads the update while in sleep mode and then has this notification with a hidden cancel button. So you won't find a used vita on 3.60.
Suck Fony, it's such a scamaz.
cdec5f5be5cb8c115dfb483a1cffed22213b8eaa792c88c6feb5f99ff2ce1df7_1.jpg

D

Deleted-355425

The only problem is that clueless people who don't block dns are forced to update. I hear it even minimizes your game and forces you to update. Also downloads the update while in sleep mode and then has this notification with a hidden cancel button. So you won't find a used vita on 3.60.
Suck Fony, it's such a scamaz.
cdec5f5be5cb8c115dfb483a1cffed22213b8eaa792c88c6feb5f99ff2ce1df7_1.jpg

It doesn't force you at all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a bit of a shame that this came out before the PSVita was officially discontinued, but now that it's out, there's no point in crying over spilled milk.
This is the end of PSdead, shall we call it PS zombie now? Cauz as a console it's already dead, but it was resurrected forgetting all 3rd parties' support
The console's getting monthly releases, it's far from "dead", however it's not a popular platform.
I wouldn't even be surprised if this was secretly done by Sony themselves to boost the sales.
Are you implying that they make money on hardware sales? Most revenue comes from software sales.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

During all my time here, I've never seen anyone make up so much bs about a console in one post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1