Hacking [Video][Exploit] Gateway 3.1.0 Tutorial + KARL3DS Preview [New Nintendo 3DS]

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the source is there, aside from firmlaunch hax. I could care less what they do with it.
It's a shame though. Everyone was expecting more of a standalone exploit but what we got was a run of the mill KARL3DS exploit using an overpriced/hard to find game...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get it. Isn't only using Cubic Ninja enough for Karl3DS? Is Zelda OoT a necessity too?

It's either or, and at the moment only Cubic Ninja is supported on KARL. But this isn't the KARL thread. For Gateway, they have OoT supported but not Cubic Ninja yet.

Edit: Forgot what thread this was.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It's either or, and at the moment only Cubic Ninja is supported on KARL. But this isn't the KARL thread. For Gateway, they have OoT supported but not Cubic Ninja yet.

cool. In the video Relys inserted Zelda OoT cartridge before inserting Cubic Ninja and booting KARL, so i wasn't sure it was intentional or not. It is assuring though, Zelda OoT is much harder to find than Cubic Ninja.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cool. In the video Relys inserted Zelda OoT cartridge before inserting Cubic Ninja and booting KARL, so i wasn't sure it was intentional or not. It is assuring though, Zelda OoT is much harder to find than Cubic Ninja.

Not in Australia. OOT is everywhere, Cubic Ninja is impossible to find here. I have 3 copies that I snapped up when the hack was first released though

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KARL3DS hasn't been released yet.

I don't know what the hold up is, since they have emuNAND and all... This video was released more than 2 MONTHS ago. Please wait more tiems, I guess.

Probably because it isn't ready and the devs don't want to release a partially complete solution. Just leave em to it and enjoy it when we get it :)

Reactions: Margen67

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
question: does Karl3ds bootstrap from the github bootstrap page work on O3ds and 2DS via cn?
also can you boot into gw emunand mode without browser sung this method via CN as offline?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
interesting progress, kinda useless to me since I have a gateway but I can see a lot of people using this if gateway users start selling oot and CN copies off (since you only need it once for the gateway exploit now)

Pity they still decided to lock everything down. I recall them saying that they wouldn't if someone else released a CFW that could launch unsigned CIA's (pasta), but hey not like it's the first time.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-