• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Vic Mignogna (Dragon Ball VA) Sexual Harrasment Case Update, This is Scary

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can sue someone for 2 million dollars, but if they don't have it (in the bank or in assets) you're not going to get it. Even if they have assets, they might only have, per say $30,000 worth of stuff and you're also not going to get all of that either.
There's also a high likelihood that the judge/jury awards a much lower amount than what is initially requested by the plaintiff if he does win.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The other 2 cases are equally hilarious.

The first, confirmed case was he was making out with a co-worker on a consensual basis. Seems they claim he was sexually harassing her, but that was one of the cases of complaints that the Funi Employees tried to warp against him. The investigator FOUND it consensual.

The other, we know little to nothing about. Just "Vic tried to make out with X", whoever X is, they said no, and he stopped on the dime.

A little horny? Sure.
A flirt? Okay.
A rapist? That's stretching it.

Every single case against Vic has been stories. The key evidence they've tried to use is a Tumblr blog that's now more or less defunct. The funny thing is: said Twitter Blog's owner themself admitted they're stories. They have no proof of them being true, or false, and they believed a majority were false (I think they used 99% as their measuring stick?).

And because all they have are stories? That's why they're in this defamation case. Because stories without proof are ultimately just stories. There's no proof they actually occurred.

Like a story of me claiming one of the mods here are actually aliens from Omicron Persei 8.
Have we found out who Iago and Igor is?

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
STORIES! LIES!

oh, i mean. hahaha yes good example.

I have heard stories of inviting people up to the room, of kisses on cheeks and hugs without asking, things like that. Where's the line between a bit creepy and sexual harassment? who decides?

I'd say common sense, but that's not so common anymore...

Have we found out who Iago and Igor is?

I think we've had one name confirmed? I don't watch ALL Rekieta streams, but meh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's also a high likelihood that the judge/jury awards a much lower amount than what is initially requested by the plaintiff if he does win.

Last I checked though, that court's for a MINIMUM of $1m in damage, and that was approved by the court system. I don't think it CAN go lower because of what sort of court it is. Mind you, I am NOT a Lawyer, so I very well may be wrong here. There's a diff between getting less than what you sued for, and how much being reliant on discovery.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I'd say common sense, but that's not so common anymore...

I think we've had one name confirmed? I don't watch ALL Rekieta streams, but meh.
Ya, they are too long. I don’t watch all of them either. But I did watch the one with Perfection, and he got destroyed. Nick was going all lawyer mode on him. Damn, I felt bad for him.

I thought those were funny code names Vic’s lawyer came up with, Iago, Igor.

Iago=Chris Sabbat?
Igor=Ron Toye?

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, they are too long. I don’t watch all of them either. But I did watch the one with Perfection, and he got destroyed. Nick was going all lawyer mode on him. Damn, I felt bad for him.

I thought those were funny code names Vic’s lawyer came up with, Iago, Igor.

Iago=Chris Sabbat?
Igor=Ron Toye?

I dunno which are which.

But as for Imperfection... well... he's not Perfection anymore :P.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope he takes FUNimation to the cleaners.

ZN3yCb6.jpg
These people are scum, and the new voice actor for Bulma is plain awful anyway. I stand with Edward Elric!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

FnhdE6V.jpg

OMG! Can you believe this sicko! No wonder they fired him, how could he do that?! He literally raped her!
Wow, even if it was slightly sexual (no way to know with text), why would this be investigated? By the time your old enough to imagine it being sexual, your already too old to be so gravely traumatized by it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system