Homebrew Utilizing "NiFi" in Wii Homebrew

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I don't think the term NiFi is very well known, I'll explain. NiFi is the name given to Nintendo's tweaked form of WiFi which is used for all local communications between either multiple DSes or one+ DS and a wii. Most wireless APs will not pick it up and the few that do require hacked drivers.

I'm wondering if any wii homebrew has ever made use of NiFi, whether it's just some proof of concept code or something more elaborate.

My motivation for asking this question is that I'm interested in wii homebrew that could communicate with a retail DS game (not DS homebrew, I'm aware that GEMS is available for that purpose) in the same manner that certain wii games can communicate with certain DS games. I can see that there hasn't been much thought put into such a thing, which is fair enough given the limited usefulness, but I haven't even found enough information to know if it's feasible. Insights would be appreciated.

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
No such homebrew exists. Efforts to document NiFi and make it more available to wii homebrew existed at one point, but I don't know if they ever got anywhere.
Would you happen to know where I could find them?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the bookmark to the one project I found is now dead ("This project no longer exists")
frown.gif
, so I'm gonna assume that one didn't go anywhere.

Google found this on the protocol though: http://masscat.afraid.org/ninds/proto_info.php

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Poryhack said:
techboy said:
No such homebrew exists. Efforts to document NiFi and make it more available to wii homebrew existed at one point, but I don't know if they ever got anywhere.
Would you happen to know where I could find them?
I remember this site too: http://www.akkit.org/dswifi/

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help but I've actually already seen those describing the protocol; it's how one would utilize it on the wii end that I can't find any information on. Doesn't seem there's anything to find though...

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to find liblobby, it worked for multiple DSes. I can't seem to find it, as the original page is now down.

EDIT: Wow, did not notice how old this was. Kill me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shove a gerbil through a tube