Homebrew Using Tubehax DNS to block ironfall update, got a few questions.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is it still possible to play online with this DNS?

2. The last time I used the tubehax dns, it gives me an error when i try to update. Is it possible to get rid of the update? (I'm assuming it is pre-downloaded, like the firmware update nag)

3. If you cannot get rid of the software update, is it possible to prevent it from happening? (I've only heard about the update patching Ironhax. I haven't opened my 3DS yet, but it is connected the the internet without tubehax DNS) Or will the update notification prior launching the game will still appear?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no, but updates won't download when tubehax dns is enabled and game updates don't pre-download.
Thanks. Since updates don't predownload, will the update message appear regardless if i've had the DNS enabled before connecting to the internet? Although the message isn't much of a problem, i just don't want to see the message each time i launch the software.

What I'm thinking is, if I enable the DNS before connecting to the internet, can that prevent the update message from happening?

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Since updates don't predownload, will the update message appear regardless if i've had the DNS enabled before connecting to the internet? Although the message isn't much of a problem, i just don't want to see the message each time i launch the software.

What I'm thinking is, if I enable the DNS before connecting to the internet, can that prevent the update message from happening?
The message still appears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol