ROM Hack Using Sky3DS's diskwriter tool with ROMs injected with private headers via Gateway ROM Patcher

timacbosoa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I am waiting for my Sky3DS to ship in (delayed due to Chinese New Year :glare:), I decided to start injecting a private header extracted from my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire retail copy into all of my downloaded ROMs via Gateway's Gateway ROM Patcher application. However, when trying to write these ROMs onto my Micro SD with the Sky3DS's DiskWriter tool, the following message appears:

The file "Donkey Kong Country Return 3D (U).3ds" contained invalid data at 0x1400 - thi has been replaced using the information in template.txt. Do you still wish to add another copy?

Does this mean something went wrong since I used Gateway's tool with Sky3DS's writer or is this supposed to happen?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Injecting private headers via Gateway ROM Patcher is useless because it both results in changing the SHA1 of the ROM and is pointless anyways because DiskWriter overwrites the header. What you need to do is adjust the template file by inserting the UniqueID string into the game entry.

Reactions: PyroGoat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E