Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Homebrewer said:
Pimp my Wii only upgrades to 4.1 but if you have System Menu 4.2 or 4.3 it will not down grade your Sys menu and I dont know where you got the idea about Pimp my Wii providing a Modifed System menu ,it does patch IOS and change the revision number to the current max value Which will show up as a Stub in DOP_Mii for example .

Maybe you need to read the Pimp my Wii Readme instead of making things up .

Read this topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=257280&hl=pimp (post #7)

Also, I do not appreciate you calling me making things up.

Quick edit - Seems it is 4.0 after all. Not having a good day today. Little bit sleepy.

Homebrewer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Homebrewer said:
Pimp my Wii only upgrades to 4.1 but if you have System Menu 4.2 or 4.3 it will not down grade your Sys menu and I dont know where you got the idea about Pimp my Wii providing a Modifed System menu ,it does patch IOS and change the revision number to the current max value Which will show up as a Stub in DOP_Mii for example .

Maybe you need to read the Pimp my Wii Readme instead of making things up .

Read this topic: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=257280&hl=pimp (post #7)

Also, I do not appreciate you calling me making things up.

Quick edit - Seems it is 4.0 after all. Not having a good day today. Little bit sleepy.

Did you look at the IOS that Pimp my Wii requires you to install if you dont have an internet connetion .

60 v6174, 70 v6687 and 80 v6944.

These are not the Stub Versions that the Nintendo upgrade would install so IOS 60 ,70 and 80 will work all with their respective System menus .

The problem is priiloader and yes like any system menu update Priiloader is deleted .DOP Mii is the only Modifaction program that recognizes Priiloader and asks you to back it up .At least the Pimp my Wii developers address Priiloader in thier readme .

Edit ;I know that Syscheck and other System Reports say the system IOS's are Stubed but please recognize that Pimp my Wii only changes the version numbers on these IOS so a Official Nintendo Update will leave them be .Maybe Attila needs to be clearer about this in his readme or the App .

orwel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wii-info.fr
XP
Country
France
I can confirm : Pimp My Wii only install a "clean" 4.1 system menu. No patch apply on it ^^

And of course, it don't install a stub IOS... Pimp My Wii was design (in a part) to avoid downgrade brick....

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I come across a problem where my HBC Wii will not play a legit copy of Samurai Warriors 3. Will Pimp my Wii help me make it so my Wii will play it. The game loads and saves a file then it goes to black screen. I believe this has to do with my Wii being soft modded, and not the dual layer problem. I My Wii is currently at 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram