atomike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wiisel said:
i have a pain in the arse issue with a 750GB seagate freeagent
if i shutdown the wii or swp between pc i get an ERROR: could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)
so each time i have to switch it off by the mains power on the wii then switch it on after that its good untill the wii shuts down then i have to hard reboot the drive when i power back up
frown.gif

other than that this drive works ok

possible solution wire the other usb 5v to a relay to switch the drive on and off with the wii?

I don't know why it's picky like this, but could this problem be solved by debugging the usb2 driver????

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm, that the Toshiba 3'5 500gb version is WORKING ;D

im dumping mariokart now
wink.gif

ill post whether the game boots properly in a min

btw.... are we supposed to plug the usb into a certain port?

if so, which one...

say we are facing the back of the wii, left or right port?

st0rax

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i can' extract/rip/dump orignal games with the usb loader 1.1 (1.0 does not works *g*). I press "+" then it opens the disc -> OK! Then I press again "A" to accept the dump progress and it returns to the start screen with a ">> SPACES NO NAME".. strange -.-

what to do?

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
CUBEpro said:
Lolrik said:
Maxtor Basics 500GB works like a charm.

Wonderful first post!
Will get one of these tomorrow then.

I can confirm this now!
Maxtor Basics External Desktop Hard Drive 500GB works wonders.
smile.gif

Dumping Rune factory took about 10-15 min
smile.gif

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Freecom Mobile drive Classic 2.5" 250GB doesnt work with or without a 5v power supply, It has a Fujitsu HD inside.

Site is really slow and cumbersome to use now, worse than 56k
frown.gif

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Maxtor One Touch 250gb External Drive - Doesnt work, -1 error

Went out and got a WD 250gb Passport drive which works great.
On offer at £54 in PC world at the moment

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
all Storage Devices I've tested so far were compatible with USB_Loader once format it with Fat32 and initialized with WBFS from Gibbed , the loader will list the games and load it with no problem , Starting from 2GB $ony Stick and just finished testing Seagate 1TB with no problems at all , most common Error you might run into will be [ ret= -1 ] and this can be solved by shutting down the Console and unplug the Storage Device from the Console and the Power Cord if applicable then reconnect again and fire the console up and the Error will be gone
wink.gif
Enjoy

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
all Storage Devices I've tested so far were compatible with USB_Loader once format it with Fat32 and initialized with WBFS from Gibbed , the loader will list the games and load it with no problem , Starting from 2GB $ony Stick and just finished testing Seagate 1TB with no problems at all , most common Error you might run into will be [ ret= -1 ] and this can be solved by shutting down the Console and unplug the Storage Device from the Console and the Power Cord if applicable then reconnect again and fire the console up and the Error will be gone
wink.gif
Enjoy

What's Gibbed?

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
The_Hulkster said:
MSI Starbox SATA 320GB doesn't work on either 1.0 or 1.1. Only connected by USB, no additional power supply supplied. Has a Fujitsu 2,5" HDD in it.

Yes, I can confirm it doesn't work.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Freecom 400GIG (372 formatted) mains powered - NTFS Single partition, loaded and formatted in about 2 seconds which threw me a bit I was expecting a proper format not just overwriting the MFT. then I tried to dump a game and it froze, reboot didn't recognise my drive (Error -1)

Stuck it back into PC and quick formatted back to NTFS, re inserted into Wii formatted again and it is working perfectly, I have had the odd Error -1 but after reboot it comes back OK, which makes me think that the first error -1 probably was nothing. Also had a couple of games hang and had to re dump to get them loaded but all-in-all working good with 36 games dumped.

Does it format this fast with a FAT32 drive?

Only got issues with Sims 2 Castaway hanging on loading "feet" screen, and Sam and Max rebooting.

*Added to Wiki*

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Jm9760 said:
BIG MOE said:
wink.gif
Enjoy

What's Gibbed?
it is a portal of WBFS for Windows by ( Gibbed = Author ) to use with your Storage Device
wink.gif

hans0l0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the warning on the wiki that drive greater than 512G need to be partitioned no bigger than 512gb in order for usb loader 1.0/1.1 to be able to write to. My question is can the pc/linux/mac os client(s) access the larger partitions, namely terabyte+. and will the usb loader wii client be able to write to the larger partitions soon. I'd like to get a terabyte external for backups unless the clients won't write to it then its 500gb for me. any help is appreciated thank you all in advance.

-Han

bubolechka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apacer 2GB Flash Drive AH320 - NOT WORKING (formated O.K.,but when try to dump a game - freeze then - "exception (DSI) occurred" )
2 GB Sony MemoryStick (fake) + Card Reader WORKS PERFECT !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto