Not open for further replies.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You realize that you just reinstalled cIOS d2x version 8?
It's fine, version 8 is a good one, but you seems to reinstall things without understanding what it's doing or why you are doing it.

I told you to test other USBLoaders to see if the problem was USBLoaderGX itself (and its initialization functions), or if it was the Wii/HDD/hardware.
So, now that you tested Config loader (it has a good HDD init method), you know the problem is not your Wii, nor the cIOS, not the HDD.

The problem is the loader, so it's maybe only a setting in the loader (reset the config, delete the folder on your SD card and reinstall USBLoaderGX clean), or it can be the loader's code (in that case it's something I need to change in the loader. I'll have to check what's different in ConfigLoader HDD initialization).

Samrmessi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You realize that you just reinstalled cIOS d2x version 8?
It's fine, version 8 is a good one, but you seems to reinstall things without understanding what it's doing or why you are doing it.

I told you to test other USBLoaders to see if the problem was USBLoaderGX itself (and its initialization functions), or if it was the Wii/HDD/hardware.
So, now that you tested Config loader (it has a good HDD init method), you know the problem is not your Wii, nor the cIOS, not the HDD.

The problem is the loader, so it's maybe only a setting in the loader (reset the config, delete the folder on your SD card and reinstall USBLoaderGX clean), or it can be the loader's code (in that case it's something I need to change in the loader. I'll have to check what's different in ConfigLoader HDD initialization).
i really appreciate your help... can u please explain me hw to configure my usb loader GX to work on my HDD ? and reset the config ?
sorry again for my newbie

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either :
1- delete the file with the .cfg extension in your apps/usbloader_gx/ folder
or
2.1 - fully delete the /usbloader_gx/ folder
2.2 re-extract the "all in one package" to get everything new (from version 3.0)
2.3 download USBLoaderGX revision 1215, extract the boot.dol located in the /ios249/ folder, and place it in apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol (replace the old version which is 3.0 with the new one).
or
3- in usbloaderGX > settings > Reset settings

Reactions: Samrmessi

Samrmessi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
either :
or
2.2 re-extract the "all in one package" to get everything new (from version 3.0)
2.3 download USBLoaderGX revision 1215, extract the boot.dol located in the /ios249/ folder, and place it in apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol (replace the old version which is 3.0 with the new one).
or

1- there's no .Cfg file, all what i see is
-boot.dol
-icon.png
-meta.xml

2- i deleted the channel and the the homebrew channel and re installed both and same problem :\

can't i export a .cfg file from the configurable usb loader and use it on usb loader gx ?

Samrmessi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no you can't, they are using different settings and file format.

If USBloaderGX doesn't work, then use another USBloader. (cfg loader or wiiflow)
thanks dude really... is there a way to give a thanks on this website ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's a "like" button (or more a text/link) at the bottom right of user's post.
It has no special meaning, it only prevent users to post a "thank you" or "+1" message.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Get your hermes cios set updated from v4 to v5.1 using the latest version of modmii
2. Use Multi-Mod-Manager to install the wad files produced.
3. Download the most updated CIOS 236 mod installer also download d2x v10 Beta52 ciosmaps.xml file from googlecode I suggest using the d2x installer v3 app to install it and update your d2x cios.
4. Get rid of whatever cioscorp or darkcorp cios you have installed and use pimpmywii to update all ios's that need updating.
5. Delete the USBLoaderGX folder on the root of your SD and update to the latest version of USBLGX if there is no folder on the root of the device that the app was loaded off of there are no configs so it will take a few seconds like when you first booted it up. So that it may create the config files again.

Last but not least use postloader latest version.
1. Within the ploader folder you will put on the root of your sd card that comes with postloader create a folder called wads, Get the RVL-cmios-v4_Waninkoko_rev5 CMIOS.wad from darkcorp installer 1.1 full version and rename it cmios.wad for your disc based gc games that don't boot via diosmios(l).
2. get a copy of rvl-mios-v10 rename it mios.wad just incase you need to perform a fresh mios installation.
3. rename your diosmios wad dm.wad or dml.wad for dios-mios-lite.
4. finally for quadforce, *please note that v4.1 of quadforce is only supported due to it only reading from USB Devices* Rename quadforcev4.1.wad qfusb.wad.
this wads folder is totally optional if you want to play GC/4 Triforce Arcade games off a USB Device with the use of Dios-Mios and QuadForce or SD Card from DML.
but this only works after pressing home in the GC games menu and selecting the DM mode to DM Auto.
So for example if you select a triforce game it writes qfusb.wad to the nand replacing what ever (C)MIOS is currently installed if QuadForce isn't installed, same goes for selecting a GC game if a CMIOS MIOS or quadforce is installed instead of diosmios.
The CMIOS step is for the manual MIOS installation when you press home so you can pop in a disc without having to load another software install CMIOS then be able to load the disc you can do it on the fly pretty much.
So I really suggest autobooting postloader using priiloader and the priibooterGUI extension hombrew app.
PostLoader is a system menu/homebrew channel replacement app it has support for on the fly emunand switching for loading different nands that have different wiiware and vc games installed.
switching to a neek environment using either the bootmii or the neek2o channel booting methods.
It's not a usbloader it's a usbloader forwarder for wiiflow usbloaderGX and CFGUSBloader(mod) and sneek formated games, you can also select which cios to use to load the game with.
when in neek mode you can select a multiple region nands so you can load imports without problems using an emulated nand setup, and unlike using the system menu with neek+DI interface or triiforce homebrew app you can have pages upon pages and not spend 10 - 15 minutes scrolling through a huge list of games it's displayed with the exact same number of titles per page as the system menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a block of text that users won't read, no punctuation and hard to follow.
please, next time create paragraph and emphasis the steps. you can even edit your post to make it more easy for the eyes.
Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no problem on your grammar (mine isn't correct either).
but using new lines and separating the text a little makes it easier to follow. It's better now. thanks.

Kyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either :
or
or

Thanks Cyan, #3 worked like a charm.

Reactions: Cyan

Kyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, this seems to be a recurring problem I now cannot solve. Deleted full usb loader gx folder, uninstalled forwarder, installed native version, removed the game(s) I felt suspect; can't seem to get it working now :(
I really don't want to switch loaders :ohnoes:

edit: I completely deleted the root wbfs folder, readded a game to a flash drive and the external hdd; flash drive worked, hdd froze on USB initialize.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the drive kyrs is using could be incompatible with homebrew, Try creating a fat32 partition with 32kb cluster size on it and throw any homebrew app that would read the hard drive like snes9xgx or vbagx. if this doesn't work you may need a different drive.
if you need a recommeded hd for the wii, I recommend the Western Digital Blue series, I use a WD Blue 750GB 5400RPM 2.5 inch Model Number:WD7500BPVT on my Wii and it works perfectly for everything except a couple of homebrew apps the ones I've come across that don't boot the drive.
They are the psx emulators even usb2.0 mod of wiisx, I don't even know if the mod is usb2.0 capable or not I couldn't get it to work. and quakerev. those are the only 2 homebrews I couldn't get to load
I picked up my drive from a liquidation store for just under $80 with taxes. Which is not a bad price for a 720GB HD

Kyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using my 2TB WD MyBook; which GX started to load properly again :D I don't know why, had tried out cfg (ew.) which loaded straight up (-_-), so me and my hopeful tried out the last channel I installed for GX (not sure if fwd or native), and it worked! yay.
All I had done was completely remove the \wbfs folder, then restored it along with cfg to the root: loaded cfg, loaded GX.. :hrth:

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm you may have had some improper storage convention in the folder then you probably could have easily fixed it with wii backup manager using the tools located in the drive tab "tools>fat32/ntfs>repair wbfs files" option. Also make sure your using the newest forwarder uneo v5.1 I think it is, with the newest revision of usbloadergx beta which is R1217 inside the usbloader_gx folder located in your apps folder.
You may have had the channel version of usbloader gx installed and when you booted up the dol from your sd card the config files conflicted upon initialization.

Kyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should only have up-to-date files, seeing as I just started homebrewing the wii a few weeks ago (grabbing latest/stablest revisions throughout), and I had initially tested the storage and the files themselves when the problem first arose to confirm they were sound.
However, today the issue re-arose, so I decided to try one part of the solution: loading cfg. I loaded it up, then a game, exited, loaded up GX: success. Not sure what this means.. GX had been only attempted to start once without the device connected since last working, then later restarted with the hdd connected and freezing on initialize.

Edit: Problem is back and persisting. Happened after copying a .txt file from the USB to SD via WiiXplorer, froze at exit (to GX), forced restart, then neither GX or CFG would load :wtf: Going to re-organize my SD and USB app / loader folders, see if this resolves the issue..

Edit2: Now they are working again, next morning.. still going to re-organize, clean things up..

Kyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it stands, this a recurring problem that will happen randomly; the current fix is to first force restart to get out of freeze, then attempt load cfg, which will then kick to wii menu, restart (button) wii, boot cfg, exit, boot GX. :huh:

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I would say use the latest beta revision of v3 for gx it's got alot of fixes and updates especially gc games on usb and I don't use cfg anymore I use gx and wiiflow with postloader which is a usbloader forwarder so if a wii game doesn't work in one loader but another I don't have to manually switch just have to manually choose which loader the game works in, it's also a triiforce mod nand emulator a homebrew channel replacement and emulator plugin's which I still can't get to work.

just delete all the files you have on your sd card after making backups of any apps and other important things and download the latest revision of wiiflow and usbloader gx v3 beta i'm using r1217 I think that's still the latest update if you use the nand channel version you can always load the nand channel wad in customizemii and replace the boot.dol with the latest one. if you are using the sd card version just replace the v3.0 boot.dol with the r1217 boot.dol in the folder /apps/usbloader_gx/

getting postloader is optional but if you do want to go with it download the full installation package then the update so you get the ploader folder for the root of your sdcard grab some skins and the plugin system while your at it
if you have priiloader installed and want to autoboot to postloader use priibootergui v2.7 it's an experimental 2 stage version that waits to mount your usb device before priibooter starts and booting postloader starts which should help you in your specific case so it mounts the usb device then priibootergui starts the postloader starts, where as PriibooterGUI 2.6 boots priibootergui then mounts the hard drive then it starts booting postloader. For me updating from 2.6 to 2.7 it gave me boot time decrease it now takes 8 seconds where as it took 11 seconds before.

Also postloader has some of wanninkoko's wad installer source code now and can write mios,cmios,dios-mios(lite),Quadforce wad's to the nand so say you have a gamecube on your sd card and your usb drive but you have cmios or mios installed to play a disc game postloader will install dm.wad or dml.wad placed in the /ploader/wads/ folder on your sd card depending on which device dios-mios needs to read the game from same goes for quadforce and gamecube games installed to the same device or different gc games installed to and sd card and usb device, postloader will only install the associated wad if it detects it is not already installed to the nand, although this has no support for nmm and rvl-bc-v6.wad at the time, I have written a request for this feature however in the issues list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-