Hacking USB Loader GX - Custom Themes settings

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you set your Games List Display as a "Channel Grid" is there any way to change the transparency of the "webbing" (background) that exists between all the individual channels?

Currently it's solid white, and blocking the background image.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember if there's a theme's option for the webbing.
If there's one, you can specify the color/transparency (RGBA)
Sorry, I didn't check it :P
If you open the theme file in a text editor, it should be sorted by type. All the channel grid layout themes are together.

if you remove that grid between channels, it would looks bad, as the banner animation are squared and not done to be seen like that.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember if there's a theme's option for the webbing.
If there's one, you can specify the color/transparency (RGBA)
Sorry, I didn't check it :P
If you open the theme file in a text editor, it should be sorted by type. All the channel grid layout themes are together.

if you remove that grid between channels, it would looks bad, as the banner animation are squared and not done to be seen like that.
I don't think there is one. I just opened it up and couldn't find anything. Everything I found pertains to grid location, nothing to do with grid color. -- And I understand what you mean. The grid webbing is what gives the channels those rounded corners, so getting rid of it (or making it transparent) would remove that effect.

I think I'll probably just leave custom themes alone. Because since I've updated IOS249 with "d2x-v10beta53-alt" I've had nothing but problems loading up custom themes. It either hangs up while booting USB Loader. Or it gives me the black screen error (with random numbers and letters). If I try to apply a theme, from within USB Loader, it gives me the black screen error. If a theme DOES apply, and I come back to USB Loader at a later time, it hangs up the loader while booting. I usually then have go to edit the GXGlobal CFG file to remove the theme. Or delete the GXGlobal file altogether and let USB Loader create a new one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You said it was only since you updated the cIOS.
if you set back the IOS slot to d2x v8 (slot252), it fix that theme issue?

I find it strange that the cIOS has an effect on the themes, unless the theme folder is on USB and you are using "both ports" option, because the loader could be switching the HDD on the fly before completing the theme loading and can't access the files.
in fact, "dual port" option is not really loading two HDD at the same time, it's one after the other and remembering the games located on both. but you can't access or mix the paths (in user's path) from boths drives at the same time.
to access the other drive, it require a shutdown of the current one, all access are lost (mp3 files, etc.)

That's why using SD card for settings/cover/themes/sound is better.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're right about the "both ports" option. Because I've been messing with it a little more and since I deleted the GXGlobal file I haven't been having anymore problems. The settings file I used to have had "both port" option selected.

All my USB Loader app files are on the SD.

When USB Loader would hang while booting, it would do that countdown like it couldn't see my harddrive. Then after the countdown it would say something about mounting Port 1. And that's when it would hang. (I didn't have anything in port 1) Also, (and I don't know if it matters) my previous settings had USB Loader booting with IOS250 base 57.

I still don't know why I would get the black error screen while applying the theme. But it doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know tjat with USB loader gx r1218 u can play Wii, gamecube and emuNand your virtual console/Wiiware games .

like cyan, i recommend d2x V8 for 249 , cIOS249[56]d2xv8 .... IT allows Gamecube games om USB

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cIOS has nothing to do with GameCube.

Gamecube games on USB are working on a Wii without cIOS!
it requires only the official and latest IOS58 or a modified MIOS.

I'm glad you could fix your issue.
I'll see if I can add a path check, if they are span over multiple ports it would be good to warn the user about possible issue.

I fixed a HDD issue in 1219, but I didn't test enabling dual port setting without two HDD connected. Thanks for making me think about it before release.

Reactions: portugeek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT