Updating to Atmosphère 1.4.0 to support 15.0.0 OFW

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before you do anything make sure you have the newest versions of atmosphere and hekate on your sd as well as the newest sig patches then you can proceed to update via daybreak. and I say all the time to NEVER use AIO they like to fuck with more than they should they feel more like a virus to me
Thanks, yes I indeed manually downloaded Atmoshphere, Hekate and Sigpatches (and the OFW) and extracted them onto my SD card, as I was instructed to do so.
The reason I resorted to launching AIO Updater, was to see my CFW revision, as the Switch Update setting only states (in small letter, gray colored underneath the System Update):

! System Update is ready.

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:
I was able to download GoldLeaf and delete the pending update under its settings, there is this video:

but i COULD NOT boot into recovery mode (hold power & vol+ & vol- when turning on), no matter how hard I tried.

Now my system reads:
12.0.3|AMS 1.3.2.|S

Is it safe to upgrade the OFW to something like 14.1.2 now? I just have to play Bayonetta 3! :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:
I was able to download GoldLeaf and delete the pending update under its settings, there is this video:

but i COULD NOT boot into recovery mode (hold power & vol+ & vol- when turning on), no matter how hard I tried.

Now my system reads:
12.0.3|AMS 1.3.2.|S

Is it safe to upgrade the OFW to something like 14.1.2 now? I just have to play Bayonetta 3! :)

Just hold the, both down with your thumb, power on, and keep holding them down.

Yes, CFW is always upgraded first.

Did you Back Up your Sysnand? Are you sure you don’t want to use Emunand? You can create one using Hekate. It’s in the guide.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you don’t want to use Emunand?

What is the procedure for that? My hekate_ipl settings reads as disabled:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

that is why I am booting to [CFW - sysMMC] in Hekate.

Also, I have already updated the OFW, and now Bayonetta 3 can be read and played! But I need to know about the Hekate choice of Launching [CFW - sysMMC] or [CFW - emuMMC]

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you don’t want to use Emunand?

What is the procedure for that? My hekate_ipl settings reads as disabled:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

that is why I am booting to [CFW - sysMMC] in Hekate.

Also, I have already updated the OFW, and now Bayonetta 3 can be read and played! But I need to know about the Hekate choice of Launching [CFW - sysMMC] or [CFW - emuMMC]
First make sure you’ve created a backup.
https://rentry.org/BackupRestoreNAND

Then pick the appropriate Emunand Guide based on your Switch type:
https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

The reason you want to use an emunand is that if something bad should happen to your system it will happen on a disposable emulated nand rather than your real system nand. having a clean unbanned Sysnand would also increase the resale value of your switch but that ship may have already sailed…

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
before you do anything make sure you have the newest versions of atmosphere and hekate on your sd as well as the newest sig patches then you can proceed to update via daybreak. and I say all the time to NEVER use AIO they like to fuck with more than they should they feel more like a virus to me
please elaborate

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with AIO packages, at least I trust sthetix's hats pack (no need to introduce sthtix I think) and carcaschoi's shallow sea (he also maintains the carcaschoi tinfoil shop list, before all public shops are gone).
Some AIO packages don't include sigpatches as they don't "support piracy", just don't use or recommend those. If you ever helped people with limited computer skills, you'd know telling them to delete atmosphere/bootloader/switch folder on sd card and extract the new aio package is way easier than setting up atmosphere/hekate separately. You have no idea how many times I have told people to unhide file name extensions and change hekate_ipl.ini.txt to hekate_ipl.ini

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1: Remove your sd card from your switch and put in a computer.
2: Completely remove the Atmosphere folder and all it's sub folders and files.
Out of curiosity, regarding step 2, is it necessary to remove/delete old versions/folders? I usually just overwrite atmosphere, sigpatches etc.
I'm just looking for insight regarding that step, in case of reports of failures/problems using the overwrite method.
If nothing, I guess it's just to be safe and knowing you've got a 'fresh' install?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please elaborate
on what part exactly
Post automatically merged:

Out of curiosity, regarding step 2, is it necessary to remove/delete old versions/folders? I usually just overwrite atmosphere, sigpatches etc.
I'm just looking for insight regarding that step, in case of reports of failures/problems using the overwrite method.
If nothing, I guess it's just to be safe and knowing you've got a 'fresh' install?
no its not even removing the sd isn't needed

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yes, it makes sure you don't have any older plugins or themes installed that are likely to break Atmosphere. That's why I included that step, because the forum is littered with people that can't get Atmosphere to work due to this.

Reactions: Jakkal666

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it makes sure you don't have any older plugins or themes installed that are likely to break Atmosphere. That's why I included that step, because the forum is littered with people that can't get Atmosphere to work due to this.
meanwhile causing other issues by breaking all their apps

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Tesla overlay no longer works after I updated my OFW and CFW, I have draged a new version of Tesla overlay onto my SD card, but it is still not working (when I do the combo button, nothing appears on the screen). I have updated my Edizon to the latest as well.
any ideas would be appreciated!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you're talking about aio packs, not aio switch updater, which is what the post you originally replied to was talking about. All good then
really don't see the difference it still changes the ini files
Post automatically merged:

My Tesla overlay no longer works after I updated my OFW and CFW, I have draged a new version of Tesla overlay onto my SD card, but it is still not working (when I do the combo button, nothing appears on the screen). I have updated my Edizon to the latest as well.
and this is exactly what I mean about breaking apps because tesla has files in the content folder

c0dehunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Where are those other files then? there was a .overlays folder, which I DID overwrote with new files.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please see below. It seems this may be your issue.

If you, like me, decided to delete your old atmosphere folder when updating Atmosphere, you probably neglected to carry over the nx-ovlloader component needed to run Tesla, which I neglected to do. It goes in the following path on your SD card atmosphere\contents\420000000007E51A.

You can download it here: https://github.com/WerWolv/nx-ovlloader/releases
There is also a link in the OP.

Without nx-ovlloader, no update to any overlay will allow it to run. Once I restored nx-ovlloader on my SD card, I was able to pull up Tesla menu and access all of the overlay modules on my SD card. Restoring the missing folders in the atmosphere\contents\ directory will also restore any cheats that you previously had that are now missing after updating.

This is why I advise backing up the SD card content before updating Atmosphere. It's a best practice making it easier to recover from and troubleshoot any issues.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
really don't see the difference it still changes the ini files
Well, no it doesn't. For one, ams/hekate doesn't even come with default .ini files, so there there nothing to be overwritten anyways. Second of all, should there be any .ini file, there is a dialogue asking you if you want to overwrite them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious