Hacking updating the wii

kentasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded some new games (mario galaxy, metroid , Simpsons Game and some more), and my ntsc wii vers is 2.0u probably need to be update.
Does I need to updtae the wiikey first to 1.9b and than to update the wii itself? (Does it safe to update from the game or to update for the internet?)
-The thing is that i am not sure how to update the wii whit out kiling it or the wiikey???

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter in which order you do it. I updated my Wii first before I updated my Wiikey.

However, DON'T forget that Mario Galaxy needs 1.9G to play, which is a BETA firmware update, which you can download at the official wiikey site. All the other games will work with 1.9b.

lemoncurdstevey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey...
i've updated my pal wii with the us version of mario galaxy. that firmware has given me the dreaded double channels and won't allow me access to my wii settings. anyway of changing this????

can i downgrade/use the pal version of mario galaxy????

cheers

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can TRY seeing if updating your Wii with the PAL SMG will fix your semi-bricked wii, but there's no guarantee it will work in resolving the issue

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey...
i've updated my pal wii with the us version of mario galaxy. that firmware has given me the dreaded double channels and won't allow me access to my wii settings. anyway of changing this????

can i downgrade/use the pal version of mario galaxy????

cheers

You're gonna have to wait till a newer update will come out. You should be glad that it's semi-bricked. I've seen a lot of people report that their Wii wasn't working at all anymore after they did an update from a different region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared